• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TIRED of AI taking over photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach photography at a private university and am getting really tired of this AI billboard opening OVER files that have just been opened. It's distracting to the students and interupts the teaching process. Being offered the choice of  "try later" or "get started" is a clear manipuation of not being offered a choiceat all. This is not the first time this issue has been talked about. PLEASE stop assuming everyone is enamored with AI and allow the students to be taught by the teachers

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you mark this thread »Actions and Scripting«? 

Feature Requests (Idea) and Bug Reports register at Adobe, otherwise this is essentially a user Forum, though thankfully some Adobe employees do occasionally chime in.

I do remember coming across several threads on this issue (though I have not experienced it myself) but the last I remember it has been resolved. 

What happens when you click »Try Later«? 

What is the exact Photoshop version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the thread choices offered really fit the situation. It's the latest version of photoshop. When you click TRY LATER, it pops up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what happens after you step through the whole tutorial? 

I can’t find the other threads now, but like I said the issue was mentioned to have been resolved with a recent update. 

As for AI in Photoshop in general: 

I personally find both the Object Selection Tool and the Remove Tool useful; not necessarily as a one-stop solution but they often provide a decent basis that may need some additional work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the AI masking tools in ACR often. They are amzing, but I want to be the one that introduces these tools to students. THAT'S what I get Paid for! The example that goes with the popup wouldn't even get a C grade from me. I try to teach the students how to make great images by intention, follwed by the proper processing techniques later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug that I thought was fixed by now.

The underlying trigger is a Windows user account with non-standard (probably including non-English) characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is occuring in a Mac computer lab that just had ADOBE uninstalled and then re-installed. The lab is operating with an Adobe enterprise license agreement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. Something else then.

Could a moderator move this to "Bugs"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@randy22222873use8 I hear you, never had the issue in version 25.5.1 and as soon as I updated to version 25.6 it's been consistently opening in version 25.6.

Uninstalled version 25.6 and reinstalled version 25.5.1 thinking everything was OK, and now it's happening in that version too, it's an absolute nightmare.

I've tried using the Adobe cleaner tool, no joy, ended up having to revert to version 2023, this issue was first reported in version 25.0 and Adobe have basically abandoned that thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startu...

@Mark.Dahm @Pete.Green @CoryShubert

Any chance one of you could investigate this ongoing issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@randy22222873use8 

"The example that goes with the popup wouldn't even get a C grade from me. I try to teach the students how to make great images by intention, follwed by the proper processing techniques later."

Amen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not happening on my Windows PC.  No billboards.

p.s.  I love the new AI capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor - wasn't this somehow connected to having the Home screen active? I always had that disabled, so maybe that's why I'm not seeing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse I've never used the Home Screen since it was first introduced and haven't used it since, strange thing is I never had the issue in version 25.5.1, it only started happening since I updated to version 25.6, since then it's affecting 25.5.1 as well.

I've tried everything under the sun and still can't resolve the issue, there has to be something that's triggering it and Adobe need to investigate this further instead of sitting on their backside, I'm actually very disappointed with Adobe staff at the moment, they very seldom engage in the Photoshop forum these days and this has been the case for some time, they seem to have abandoned the very people their meant to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I must have been thinking of something else.

Yes, I can imagine this being extremely annoying. Let's get the votes up on this, so they at least take notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to search before posting to see if this has been covered.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startu...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the old bug, now fixed. This is apparently something else - or, strictly speaking, the same bug in a different shape.

This time it's affecting both Mac and Windows. The OP here is on Mac. The old bug was about the Windows user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be surprised if its an account issue, assuming this is a lab of managed machines. MDM's can do funny things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that could indeed seem to be a common factor.

What Adobe should do at this point, is just disable this thing until they figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics "I wouldn't be surprised if its an account issue, assuming this is a lab of managed machines. MDM's can do funny things"

That doesn't apply to me, and I'm experiencing the issue along with some other people that I've come across since the release of version 25.6

And this is what the toolbar looks like after a few restarts of Photoshop

2024-03-28 20_39_31-P_ I'd like to know how to disable the startup tut... - Page 9 - Adobe Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor 

What about the contextual task bar? What happens if you disable that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse I don't normally have the contextual task bar enabled, even with it disabled the tutorial will start and it actually enables the contextual task bar.

I've tried the Adobe cleaner tool and removing everything related to Adobe in the user profile, rebooted, reinstalled 25.6 and the tutorial starts again, uninstall version 26.5 and then install version 25.5.1 and the same issue, doesn't make any sense to me.

I installed version 25.3.1 to test and so far so good, even with the contextual task bar enabled no issues so far.

In all the years I've been using Photoshop, I've never really had any issues apart from the known bugs, Photoshop has been running fine until the release of version 25.6, I'm an IT engineer so know my way around computers, but this one has me stumped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sympathize; a tutorial that re-appears again and again seems quite annoying. 

But as the thing does not happen for me (Photoshop 25.6.0 on Mac OS 14.2.1) at least so far I am loathe to add my vote. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor  yeah, this would have me kicking and screaming...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending an hour or so on the phone with Adobe, the 7th person I talked to solved the problem. The first two eventually hungup. I don't blame them. I would have hungup on me too at that point. Below are the steps.

1) Open photoshop and click on "Photoshop 2024" in the upper left corner of the screen.
2) Click on "settings/general"
3) UNclick "auto show the home screen"
4) Open an image file. If you ignore this step it will continue to plague your existence.
5) "quit" photoshop. Just closing the window doesn't do it. Right click on the Ps in the dock and click quit.

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 5.00.31 AM.png
Thanks for listening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so the home screen is somehow involved in this after all. That and probably the contextual task bar.

Actually, when I install a new Photoshop version, that is the exact procedure I follow to disable the Home screen. I had some problems with it earlier, it would just keep popping up after I disabled it. Now I do the same with the contextual task bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines