Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top Menu Bar (Options bar) Missing from Photoshop 2021 on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 11.23.14 AM.png

The top menu bar is missing and i can't figure out how to get it back on my mac. I've looked through other posts and most solutions have been to get the side bar back. Help!

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the options bar? Then you can turn it on under Window > Options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The options bar is checked (see screenshot) but it is not at the top like normal

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.18.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is still a problem for you, I think you might find the answer in this thread:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-cc-2019-options-bar-is-missing-please-help/m-p/10... .  Apparently hitting tab hides parts of the workspace to create more space for the image being worked on.  If you don't realize that you hit the tab key, the workspace change seems like evil magic.  To reveal the hidden workspace elements you hit tab again.  I had this same issue, also with the 2021 version, and I followed the first answer proposed in that thread, which was to reset the workspace, and that also worked (but i had to rearrange the workspace to get it back how i like it).    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nov 2022 - Just happened to me also - I was using 'Essentials' workspace and lost my HOME options top toolbar, to fix you need to go to WINDOW/Workspace/Reset 'Essentials'
Closing computer and restarting or selecting a different Workspace does not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much it worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally the answer I've been looking everywhere for! You're a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines