• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access Photoshop Beta latest version

Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I am posting this in the right place, not sure because I did it before and nobody answered me. Back in September, I had problems accessing Photoshop's latest version from Lightroom, and with the help of this community, I found out that I had both latest versions installed and the one Lightroom had access to was version 24.7.1, so I deleted it from my Creative Cloud apps and from my computer, leaving only the 25.0 version, and it worked fine until today.

Early this morning, Creative Cloud updated Photoshop and again, the only version I have access from Lightroom is version 24. When I checked the apps installed on my laptop I only found Photoshop version 24, and I uninstalled it. I opened Creative Cloud to re-install Photoshop and again the only version I can access from Lithroom is version 24.7.1, but after Photoshop opened I checked its version from Help> About Photoshop and it shows version 25.1.0, which I believe it's not the latest version right?

And the new 'remove tool' is not available in this version.

Could someone please help me, it's so stressful having to stop editing and trying to figure out these things.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

You're welcome, @Regina Melo , I glad you've found the Remove tool.

The public beta version of Photoshop is to test new features and report bugs to the product team, so you should expect it to have bugs. If you are using Beta, report bugs here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta/ct-p/ct-photoshop-beta

Use the released version if you don't want to be part of that process.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after Photoshop opened I checked its version from Help> About Photoshop and it shows version 25.1.0, which I believe it's not the latest version right?

And the new 'remove tool' is not available in this version.

By @Regina Melo

Yes, the most current version of Photoshop (released version) is 25.1.0. You can always check here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

Sometimes when you update and have customized your Tools panel, new tools are there but hidden. Can you go to Edit > Toobar? This help page gives several solutions, such as restoring the tools or dragging the new tool into the toolbar.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/bringing-back-tools.html

Do you see it there? If not, show a screenshot.

I'm not sure if you asked any other questions or were telling us what happened in the past. Please ask again if I missed anything.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much Jane.

Following your instruction the remove tool is back.

It's very awkward that from Lightroom to edit in Photoshop what it shows is 'edit in Photoshop 24' and I end up in the latest version 25.1.0.

The Beta version is awesome but sometimes confusing, the contextual task bar keeps disappearing, sometimes I am able to get it back, sometimes not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Regina Melo , I glad you've found the Remove tool.

The public beta version of Photoshop is to test new features and report bugs to the product team, so you should expect it to have bugs. If you are using Beta, report bugs here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta/ct-p/ct-photoshop-beta

Use the released version if you don't want to be part of that process.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jane, when you say released version does it mean to use what? Photoshop latest version?

In fact, I open Photoshop mostly from Lightroom (which by the way, shows 'editing in Photoshop 24'). 

Sorry if I seem too confused 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines