• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit anything - I get a circle with red line through it

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop 22 will not let me update anything - my cursor is a Circle with a red line through it - any ideas? This happened after I tried to use 3D - I've uninstalled, updated the app, made sure my Worspace is Essentials - nothing seems to work. I open the same images in Adobe Photoshop 21 with no issues - but not in 22. Help!

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Hi!

Thank you so much for your help - the silly thing is that I hadn't rebooted. I rebooted (still same issue), but this time when I uninstalled, I had it remove all references. I then updated from the old version and all seems to be working well again. I don't think I'll be trying 3D again (although I know they're getting rid of it). Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D is no longer a feature in Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Earth Oliver FYI, the 3D menu items are still available, so it might depend on what the OP was trying to do.

JainLemos_0-1649956410605.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jocelyn24046007qrzp Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you provide more specifics? What exact version of Photoshop? The most recent is 23.3.0. Are you using Windows 10 or 11? Did this happen after you tried to use 3D to do what? Make a new layer? Add content? What does your GPU compatibility indicate? You may need to stay with a previous version if you are stable there for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! All was stable in this version until I tried 3D - I just want to get back to how it was.

1. Photoshop 23.3.0

2. Mac OS - Monterey 12.3.1

3. After I tried to use 3D

Everything worked perfectly before the 3D and it changed my whole workspace and where things are. I switched back to 'Essentials' workspace and even resent the 'Essentials' workspace, but it has made no difference. My cursor looks like this no matter where I put it (sorry for the look, I did a quick drawing because I couldn't capture it in a screen print). This symbol is usually reserved for when you get the error that you need to rasteruze - but it's doing it on everything, with no error message.

Jocelyn24046007qrzp_1-1649965665259.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for that extra info. If you rebooted your system, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, reset your preferences, switched workspaces, and so on, but you still get an unavailable cursor, then I'm not sure what is happening. It could be a permission problem? Are you running Photoshop as an administrator? As long as it works fine one version back, I'd stick there for now. I hope others come along with solutions for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you so much for your help - the silly thing is that I hadn't rebooted. I rebooted (still same issue), but this time when I uninstalled, I had it remove all references. I then updated from the old version and all seems to be working well again. I don't think I'll be trying 3D again (although I know they're getting rid of it). Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you are back up and running! Thanks for letting us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to show my GPU compatibility:

Jocelyn24046007qrzp_0-1649965948774.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines