• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Backspace to Delete text in Photoshop is not always working?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current version of Photoshop: 22.0 - Photoshop CC
RAM: 32GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
OS Installation is on an m.2 drive installed on the motherboard

Issue:
After entering text into a text layer within photoshop, hitting backspace SOMETIMES will delete a few character entries, but sometimes I have to hit the backspace multiple times to delete just one character.
I'm not sure what's causing this, as I've even done a full fresh Windows 10 Pro install & of Adobe Photoshop.

Any ideas what could potentially be causing this issue?
I am using both pre-installed and custom-installed Fonts within photoshop and the issue occurs across all regardless.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is very annoying. Windows 10 - now 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CTR + A and deleting is a nice alternative, but I have a friend who also has Photoshop, same OS & version as I do, and no issues with deleting text/characters. It's very infuriating =/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! one thing I would check is if it also occurs when photoshop only is running, as many apps have been known to hijack keyframes, even in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried running Photoshop from a fresh install - a fresh reboot - with no other programs running, and I've consistently run into the issue on my system unfortunately. If I can get an overlay setup for my keyboard presses, I could event easily record the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a video with keyboard overlay - nothing else is running other than my recording software:
https://youtu.be/uA5bjpwQv48 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the last operation made, did you do an alt+click or something that could influence the backspace key.

Is it a wired keyboard, or a bluetooth one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why it took so long to see this reply...
I can honestly just launch Photoshop, create a new doc, use the typing tool and the issue is there.
I also only used Wired keyboards with my PC. 
No Alt Click or anything is used.
The video I posted shows the issue quite clearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it's annoying, but the best way to delete is to select the words or letters you want to remove, then press backspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. It is very frustrating. Is there any fix for this? : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  And it isnt other apps hijacking keyframes because I dont get this issue in notepad or MS word or, well, typing here, for instance.  Adobe please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm replying to confirm that this also occurs in Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that this problem isnt just with deleting, its with any letter.  Especially if you type one letter very fast, so I constantly find myself with any double-letter words short a letter with no clear reason why.   Its like Photoshop just stops accepting keyboard inputs randomly for short durations.
When I press and hold a single key, sometimes it will repeat that letter without iddues, other times it will stop and then restart, and these stop intervals are never more than a second long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines