Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Fx in Photoshop for Fonts

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daddys word copy.png

I need help making this effect with the Jezabel font.  I've done it before and can't, for the life of me, remeber how I did it . . .  or what it's called so I can look for a video to show me how!

thank you so much for your help!

Amy

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

@amydteez2013 

It looks like there are two stokes added as layer styles (fx), one white and one black. Play with the size and position with the Preview window turned on.

If you have trouble, show a screenshot for us.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@amydteez2013 

It looks like there are two stokes added as layer styles (fx), one white and one black. Play with the size and position with the Preview window turned on.

If you have trouble, show a screenshot for us.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trick with stacked strokes like this is to think of the strokes like Photoshop layers.  The higher stroke will cover the stroke below it.

So you add the first stroke which is the white stroke which I made 4 pixels thick.

Copy that stroke by clicking on the + and select the original stroke (my yellow highlight) and make it black and 8 pixels thick.

If the order was reversed with the four pixel black stroke above the 4 pixel white stroke, then you would not be able to see the white stroke.  It's super easy and obvious when you think about it, but I suspect people sometimes get confused.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines