• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Transform Tool To Move Layer Along X-Axis (Infinite Scrolling Outside Screen Bounds)

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

On my PC, when I use the slider (denoted by the red arrow in the below) to move a layer along the x-axis, I'm able to click and drag and my cursor goes in a loop around my screen. Once it passes the leftmost point of my screen, it comes back in at the rightmost point, essentially allowing me to move the object infinitely. On my Mac, however, the ability to move stops once I hit one side of my screen's bounds. This is really frustrating when I'm zoomed in to a large file and am then only able to move a layer 100 px or so when I'm looking to move it ~500. Does anyone know if this is a setting I've missed somewhere or if it's exclusive to Windows?

screenshot.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has no »Move Tool« »Transform Tool«. (Edit: Thanks, @Ged_Traynor , bad mis-typing on my part.)

Rule of thumb: If it is not reperesented in the Toolbar it is not called a »Tool« in Photoshop. 

Try pressing the Shift-key while dragging. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler "Photoshop has no »Move Tool«" I assume you meant Transform Tool 😁

2023-04-29 11_43_35-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How embarrasing … typing nonsense when trying to explain nomenclatura! 

But yeah, I was trying to refer to the »Transform Tool« mentioned in the title »Using Transform Tool To Move Layer Along X-Axis (Infinite Scrolling Outside Screen Bounds)«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the mix-up, I meant the transform feature (as I usually access this by clicking Command + T to both scale and reposition in one fell swoop so I often think of it as transforming) and did correctly identify it in my post. Thanks for bringing this typo to my attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the mix-up, I meant the transform feature (as I usually access this by clicking Command + T to both scale and reposition in one fell swoop so I often think of it as transforming) and did correctly identify it in my post. Thanks for bringing this typo to my attention!

By @randi.hems

Well, I had certainly mistyped myself … 

Have you tried pressing the Shift-key when dragging in the Properties Panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not include "move tool" in my OP. Again, my apologies. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use the properties panel . window -> properties

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 4.06.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohammad!

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, using this window to access the x- and y-axes still doesn't allow me to keep dragging once the cursor hits the edge of my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines