• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View percentage%

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zoom tool is fixed at 50% 66% then it jumps straight to 100% (follow by 200%). Is there a place where I can enter (e.g.) 80%. This is because 66% is little small and 100% is little big on my current workspace. Is there a micro zoom similar to the micro shifting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Two ways by entering a custom zoom:

Status bar at the bottom of the workspace or in the Navigator Panel.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 12.02.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 12.03.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ways by entering a custom zoom:

Status bar at the bottom of the workspace or in the Navigator Panel.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 12.02.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 12.03.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that small little place at the status bar. This is what I am looking for. Thanks.

But to make life a little more convenient (people are getting lazier these days ), can this 80% that I set be fixed for all future sessions (until I change to another percentage)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jameshoty  wrote

But to make life a little more convenient (people are getting lazier these days ), can this 80% that I set be fixed for all future sessions (until I change to another percentage)?

Actually if you create an action that zooms your image to 80% or whatever you want you can then go to File > Scripts > Scripts Event Manager and set that action to run whenever you open an image.

To record the action so that it zooms you may have to use the insert menu command on the action palettes flyout menu. I don't know if a zoom command will record otherwise. But, if you can get the zoom action then you can run it whenever you open an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that is something new to me, who started PS about 3 weeks ago. Any way, I give it a try but is not working (perhaps I do it wrongly)

I recorded the action to set 80% (at the bottom status bar), then select this action at the event manager to run it every time I open a document.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 3.27.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see what I can find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here is a custom zoom script. I already added the 80%. Copy and paste everything starting with "main" into a plain text file.

Save as 80zoom.txt, then change the extension to .jsx  It will now be 80zoom.jsx

Place 80zoom.jsx into Event Scripts Only folder, under Scripts which is under Presets in your Photoshop program folder

Next post, I will explain how to set it up.

main();

function main(){

// Change the value between the parentheses below

// into your desired percentage:

setZoomLevel(80);

// Leave the code below unchanged

function setZoomLevel(zoom){

if(zoom < 1) zoom =1;

var ref = new ActionReference();

ref.putEnumerated(charIDToTypeID("capp"), charIDToTypeID("Ordn"), charIDToTypeID("Trgt"));

var getScreenResolution = executeActionGet(ref).getObjectValue(stringIDToTypeID('unitsPrefs')).getUnitDoubleValue(stringIDToTypeID('newDocPresetScreenResolution'))/72;

var docResolution = activeDocument.resolution;

activeDocument.resizeImage(undefined, undefined, getScreenResolution/(zoom/100), ResampleMethod.NONE);

var desc = new ActionDescriptor();

ref = null;

ref = new ActionReference();

ref.putEnumerated(charIDToTypeID("Mn  "), charIDToTypeID("MnIt"), charIDToTypeID('PrnS'));

desc.putReference(charIDToTypeID("null"), ref);

executeAction(charIDToTypeID("slct"), desc, DialogModes.NO);

activeDocument.resizeImage(undefined, undefined, docResolution, ResampleMethod.NONE);};};

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now to set it up. If you placed it in the Event Scripts Only folder, it will show in the scripts drop down menu.

Assign "Open Document" to it and click Add to move it into the top area, and click Done. Any document opened should automatically zoom to 80%.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 1.02.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sets to 12% smaller than before.

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 4.18.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 4.19.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try double clicking on the Hand Tool icon in the tool box, going to View>Fit on Screen or Cmd+0​, all of which do Fit on Screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMD 0 will zoom into a level that it will fit all artboards (did I use the term correctly?), e.g. 12% and usually I want to work on one of them and I have to constantly zooming in and out and in and out until I get it to the percentage that I feel "OK". And this task is repeatedly performed and getting a little tiring. If it can remember may last state will be ideal. If not I can click on the bottom status bar to enter 80% is also ok with me at this moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem. I work on single images and it works different for a psd with artboards, something I know nothing about.

Can you try asking in the Scripting community? I'm sure someone might have a better script or will put together one for you.

Photoshop Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worry. You did you very best. I might not have the spare time to pursue this "seemingly-easy-but-yet-complex" task at the moment but will definitely work on scripting in the foreseeable future. Thank you for your encouragement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to set 80% zoom for all Artboards or certain one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to PS (3 weeks "old") so I just want to set the zoom level at (for example) 80% every time I launch PS (or open any document for that matter). So I don't know if there is any huge difference for " ... all artboard or certain one?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recommend a fixed zoom ratio on opening. It depends entirely on the pixel dimensions of each image, and how that fits into your display's fixed pixel dimensions.

Ctrl+0 fits the image on your screen whatever the dimensions.

Ctrl+1 zooms to 100%, which in many cases is important to check for accurate adjustment previews. 100% is the only ratio that maps exactly one image pixel to exactly one screen pixel. This is sometimes critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry, I didn't notice you used CMD 0 that set zoom to 12,5%. I thought that function posted by gener7 did that. Anyway is 80% For Artboards good zoom as well, or you'd like other in this case? Now I understand it works for normal layers only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set 80% every time I open a document until I set to another value. This is so that I do not have to keep setting to 80% while I am working a one particular documents for a few days. Not sure if I am "too demanding" of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed you got already answer but then said you'll try it in future while I thought that solution didn't work for AB's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is answered because I just have to punch the number 80 at the bottom status bar (every time I open the document). I am ok with this step as long as I do not have to struggle with the mouse to zoom in and zoom out and still cannot get to 80% (because PS zoom into 33, 50, 66 and jump straight to 100) and there is no "smooth" zooming (even if I hold down the mouse while in zoom tool, you will see the mouse zoom pass you in lighting speed. So the whole UX is not as desired when doing this trivial task.

I was offered the recommendation to use script but it didn't really work (I appreciate gener7​ effort to want to help me) and I might not have to spare time to pursue this at the moment (need to consult the scripting guru in this community).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize that 80% will only work for documents of that exact pixel size?

And why can't you just use "Fit to Screen" ctrl+0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am working with multiple artboards and at time I need to scroll to other artboards to check something and when I scroll back, it become difficult to fit into the screen and pressing command zero is too "tiring" for me (actually not ergonomic speaking).

80% is just a number I used in this post to facilitate communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Zoom Tool is fixed on the Incremental Zoom levels of 100%, 66.7, 50, 33.3, and 25 because these give the sharpest views. Anything inbetween like 80% is going to be slightly fuzzy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines