• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

warp text error

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time i try to apply warp text on a text (without converting it to a smart object) it makes the font totally distorted. i'll put some screenshots of it. 

its photoshop 23.5.1

Layer 8bug.jpgLayer 9bug.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font and settings for warp are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens with every font and every warp setting i try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well the reason this is happening is because you are distoring the text, that is what text Warp does. However in this state it is still in Vector format, so its edges are clean, but in order to curve it, it has to be distorted a bit. 
If you just want text ON a curve you can create a new layer and either use the pen tool to create a path, or use the elliptical marquee to create a circle, and then right-click inside of it and select "Make work path" and then press ok.... then you can select the Text tool and hover over the path you will see a wiggly line show up, when you see that.... click where you want to add text... and Voila!

Hope that helps!

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i think you dont get it. it used to work perfectly, now it gets the caracters totally different from the original font. bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well then, why not just convert it to a smart object if that is working? Probably not a bad idea anyhow.

Not sure exactly what is happening or why, but I was just trying to help and give some solutions.

Good luck!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

because i have to open the smart object, make the modifications and save it to change the text/font of it. that takes time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Faux Bold applied from the Window>Character Panel?

fab.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i dont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the photoshop preferences by going to Edit>Preferences>General, clicking on Reset Preferences On Quit and restarting photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines