• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We've temporary disabled this filter because of an error.

Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone getting this error on the lattest Photoshp release 24.0.0? I'm constantly getting this issue.

temp-disabled.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's a real shame Graham. Can I ask what file format these photos are in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg, Mark. I have colorized this one and other similar photos before in earlier versions. It just doesn't work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got it working!

Downloaded all of the filters with this solution: 

0) First, adobe suggests this:

"If you have defined environment variables TEMP and TMP to have a path on a disk other than the primary disk, change these to a path on the primary disk (or delete the variables) temporarily for the download. Quit and restart Photoshop to pick up the variable change."

SO, I DID:

1) Open photoshop.

2) Import any image with a human face.

3) Open the neural filters (filters -> neural filters)

4) In windows' search bar, type "variables" and click on the first option;

5) Click on "environment variables"

6) Delete TEMP and TMP

7) With Adobe Photoshop still open, download the filters you need.

8) DONE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zangardo28342265d77g 

Glad your solution worked for you. Unfortunately my TEMP and TMP files are already on the primary disc, so it is still not working on my system. Thanks for your input though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have the same problem.. anyone can help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't. I never got it working. There has been several updates since this started happening and no improvement. It did work about a year ago on an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @dimitrisk53343768 and @Grahamfromburnley 

Thanks for reporting this to us. We understand this can be frustrating; let's try to fix this. 

Please ensure you have the latest version of Photoshop installed on your computer. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements, so installing any available updates may resolve the error.

Check if your device fulfills the system requirements: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html.

Sometimes, the error may be temporary or specific to the image you're working on. You can try using the neural filter on a different image or on a smaller portion of the image to see if the error persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input Ranjisha. Yes I have the latest version of Photoshop, it updates regularly. This feature worked correctly on Version 23.5.5, and has not worked since. I have tried on various images, some as small as 400kb. I just get the same messasge, 'We've temporarily disabled this filter because of a error'. My computer is more than powerful enough to run Photoshop having Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80GHz and 32 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Graham, try the following:

1. Close Photoshop

2. Delete or rename the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\

3. Open Photoshop and download the neural filters again.

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manniac, Thanks for your input. You are correct!! Mine works too now. I have been on and off this for over a year, with no helpfulful solution from Adobe. Most problems on here tend to lead to - send us all your system information, which in these days of constant scams, I am not prepared to do. I have even tried uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop, allowing Photoshop to delete all my prior settings in case I had accidentally deleted anything. I do find the result a little harsh, but it's no problem to lower the saturation in the filter, or as I prefer, do the filter on a 'New Layer' and then just lower the opacity on that layer to suit. Thanks again Manniac., hope it helps others too. Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the struggle xD  have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for Apple machines? My laptop is having the exact same issue and I searched and can't find those folders to delete or rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't help. I have only ever used Windows. I would have thought that a program is a program whatever operating system it is on, but if you have checked, I am sure you are right. Hope someone comes along to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

However, when I deleted that folder and re-downloaded the filter, I still had the same error. But, I only get the error when I try to use a Profile, the rest of the time there are no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @BlairK I found the proper UXP Folder is actually in Users/<account name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

The one you linked won't delete the correct UXP folder. It didn't fix the issue for me, even after redownloading the Colorize Neural Filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @George32590879z20d , actually that is the same folder. In Mac terms the tilde is short hand for current user. So we both wrote the same path, you using long hand, me using short hand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This describes my error as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same message for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - on a brand new Macbook Air M3, and I get the same error in Beta and 2024 25.5.1. Deleted the UXP folder; no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines