• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What clipboard manager works with photoshop ?

Contributor ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

an often used need,.. fed up with going back and forth, lose my position on the photo etc.

I need to capture a hi res image of a photo, r/c save image doesnt always work, sometimes its more pixelated, so I use printscreen button,

the workflow:-

moving to part of it,

hit printscreen,

maximise pshop CS6 ctrl N get blank image same size as clipboard image,

paste,

minimisie pshop,

move image,

printscreen,

maximise pshop ,

paste, (get new layer),

minimise pshop,

move image,

printscreen,

maximise pshop,

paste (get new layer)

and keep doing this many times....

(for many years now)

Turn on Windows clipboard history, windows key and V shows multiple copies, OF TXT, but for images lucky to see 3 at most,

Msoft useless !

So I have installed Ditto, that keeps multiple printscreens, so now:-

printscreen,

move image

printscreen

move image etc etc.

launch pshop, call up ditto, see my copies, unable to get them into the blank document,

select one and see no means of going 'paste', try for Ctrl v, nothing happens, except I get last copied.

drag drop the multiple selection onto the blank file, nothing happens.

cannot see a paste command for the thumbnail I selected.

drag drop to topmost bar in pshop and get a + sign and get many new files appear, I dont want that though. I want them all in one file, to save and assemble later. as normal paste does.

Just what clipboard manager works with photoshop ?

Lots of praise for Ditto yet I come to use it and get this issue, clearly they didnt think about paste, and pshop understands 'paste'

Cheers

Merlin

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Screenshot directly to file, rather than to clipboard or 3rd party multiple clipboards. Then you can stack multiple screenshot files to layers via script, or tile them via script or photomerge them etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

On Windows 10 and 11 if you press the Windows key + Print Screen key, the captured screenshot will be saved in the Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

I can get the image captured and saved in a minute, whilst saving files to a folder then opening and converting into a single file (I have yet to find a way to do that) is not as quick.

I am however not wanting to lose my place whilst moving about on the photo.

By @Merlin3

Those should not be problems if you are using the right software correctly. We already described how to solve those problems. Earlier in this thread, Jeff Arola’s reply describes how to set up Windows to save a screen shot to a file with no extra steps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand the basic operation you are trying to automate.

What are you trying to achieve ultimately - splitting an image into multiple detail images? 

Could you please post screenshots or a sketch to clarify? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot directly to file, rather than to clipboard or 3rd party multiple clipboards. Then you can stack multiple screenshot files to layers via script, or tile them via script or photomerge them etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 10 and 11 if you press the Windows key + Print Screen key, the captured screenshot will be saved in the Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes zero sense whatsoever. Why not fix the problem with files not saving properly? If needed, you could automate the whole process most likely, with Photoshop scripting and Powershell, but I'm not sure why.

Screenshots can only capture the composite image, which BTW is only accurate at 100%, and not any layers or effects or type etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Let me clarify.

I have an image on someones's webpage which when clicked on the + icon now shows a part of that image at max resolution, as I move it around I am seeing part of it at any one time, so if I can hit printscreen then move it and printscreen then move it and printscreen, etc until all is captured. (and I must not visit photoshop after each printscreen, else I lose my position where I got to on the image, ) then and only then maximise photoshop, and paste the copies one at a time into a photoshop .psd file, creating layers as such, thats what I need.

Ditto doesnt allow paste, yet its a paste clipboard manager, with a thumbnail selected, Ctrl v does nothing, there is no highlight a thumbnail paste option.

With the Msoft one only three images are allowed, though it says 25, its 3, and at least I can select a thumb then ctrl v and it pastes. 3 is no use , I just did 12 for one webpage image.

I want to keep it simple, not end up in 2 progs, scripting and so on.

Just want a clipboard manager that allows selection of thumbnail then ctrl V and it pastes into an existing .psd file, so I end  up with 12 layers. then I crop to just the picture and then use arrange layers align. and get one large image.

HTH

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Snagit? Its an app specializing in screen capture that works really well.

https://www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A conventional solution here is to contact the website and request the whole image file, making any rights/licensing arrangements that they might require.

When rights/licensing of the image is not an issue, laboriously making and reassembling a large number of little screen shots is something almost no one does, because there are usually much faster and better ways to do this, depending on the web browser you’re using. One is to right-click the image and use the command that opens the whole image in another tab or window, or downloads the whole image. The other method is to view the web page source code and look for the link to the whole image file.

Also, when I need to make a large number of screen shots, I never ever ever want to do it through the clipboard…that way is the most work, the most steps, and therefore the slowest and most inefficient way by far. Instead use the OS screen shot option that saves each screen shot to a folder you choose. After all the screen shots are done, you simply open all the screen shots at once in Photoshop and assemble them. (You can use one of the commands that opens multiple files into a single Photoshop document, so that all you have to do now is move them around.) So another reason no one has a clipboard manager suggestion is that many of us would not choose to do it through the clipboard, we would never do it that way. You really should be saving the screen shots as files in a folder for easy storage, organization, and assembly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the websites I need to do this on, don't lend themselves to the techniques mentioned.

I can get the image captured and saved in a minute, whilst saving files to a folder then opening and converting into a single file (I have yet to find a way to do that) is not as quick.

Sourcing its source and copying it that way, I have tried that at times and its a dead end.

It has to be quick, and so copy copy copy paste paste paste, is such.

Just need a clipboard manager that Photoshop works with.

I was so surprised to find that Ditto shows the thumbs, and no means of pasting them.

all I need is a clipboard manager like the Lsoft one, but capacity for far more copies.

Merlin3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Merlin3

Those should not be problems if you are using the right software correctly. We already described how to solve those problems. Earlier in this thread, Jeff Arola’s reply describes how to set up Windows to save a screen shot to a file with no extra steps. So you just press PrintScreen, move the image, press PrintScreen again, and repeat as many times as needed without having to stop and do slow clipboard things like switch programs.

With the right screen shot software, you will not lose your place. I use macOS and its built-in screen capture has an option to preserve the last screen shot selection rectangle, so the next time I press the screen shot shortcut, the selection rectangle is in the same place where I left it before.

When done, I already mentioned earlier that there is a command to combine multiple files. In Photoshop, choose File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack, select all the images in the folder where the screen shot software saved them, and click OK. Now they are all in one file as layers and you can just assemble the puzzle.

Put all of this together and it should be easier and much faster than “copy copy copy paste paste paste.” It should be more like “print screen, move, print screen, move…when done, bring all saved screen shots into one Photoshop document in one step.”

the websites I need to do this on, don't lend themselves to the techniques mentioned…

Sourcing its source and copying it that way, I have tried that at times and its a dead end.

By @Merlin3

That is very unusual…on most websites it should be no problem. If they are using special code to display images, is it to protect their images from easy unauthorized copying? Are these websites having a major problem with people trying to copy their images without permission?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have just tried out the method of windows key and printscreen, repeatedly, and locating the C drive folder they go to ( I never save to C drive) I can now bring these into Pshop.

So then the file>scripts>Load files into stack and browsing to the Picures on C drive, I can get a file with layers from them.

then select them all and Edit>Auto Align layers.

and they get combined into a single photo.

Easy and it works.

EXCELLENT.

three stages and job done.

Just a question of remembering the three steps and locations.

Then remember to delete off from C drive.

I only ever save to D drive normally.

The key thing is windows key and printscreen allows multiple copying, the screen dips darker momentarily.

No box to denote the area, just the entire screen gets copied, I am good with that.

THIS IS A GAME CHANGER FOR ME.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines