• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are Abstract and DeviceLink profiles for Color Lookup in PS CC 2019?

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop 20.0.5 on latest Windows 10 pro.

I have unistalled, rebooted and installed again.

When I create a Color Lookup adjustment layer, I noticed Abstract profiles (settings) are missing and have to search for them not in Presets of Photoshop but in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Color Profiles. Any rational explanation?

Well, I copy this folder to Photoshop>Presets, where I can easier and logically remember where to find them.

• The problem is that when I wish to select a profile I have to load it, one by one. and after doing it, they do not stick or remain listed in the drop down window, as my snapshot shows.

And what about any DeviceLink profiles, are they not available for Windows 10? I am unable to find any on my PC.

abstract.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fredrico,

On a Mac, they are all listed if they are in the proper folders.  Seema a weak response I know, but since I'd expect a PC to and Mac to be similar It might be that during the load and navigate process you find that PS is looking in a different folder then just move your Luts there.   Sometimes in the past New installs referred to the old folders and sometimes not on the next one.  So that may be the case here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

They are listed correctly in the Color Lookup dropdown here, (using Windows 10) and a quick disk search found them stored in 3 locations :

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers \color

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Color\Profiles

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Color\Profiles

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David for you response, but:

In C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers \color

Here are listed -only- color profiles used in Color Settings. No abstract or Devicelink found.

In C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Color\Profiles

There is no such a folder there. No Color folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Color\Profiles

Yes the Profiles subfolder is there and also includes another one, Recommended with those often used in Color settings. But there is not any Abstract o Device Link one there.

The only place where I have found them is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Color Profiles

Here are AnimePalette BlacklightPoster, Cobalt Carmine,.... up to 16 Abstract (and DeviceLinks it seems) Files.

AND the main problem/question remains unanswered:

When I add a Color lookup adjustment layer, I click Abstract button, search the path and load e.g. Gold Crimson, it gets applied, but it is not listed below.

If I add another Color lookup layer, and another and another, everytime i click the Abstract (or the DeviceLink) window, I only see Load Abstract Profile and Other is grayed out, no names are listed down as it should.

I think I will have to uninstall and delete any folder left from Photoshop on the SSD and then start all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying them into the system color folder and see if they show. I don't know why I have them in three places. I suspect they have been installed with more than one Adobe application.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Dave,

Adobe places them in three places even installing only PS.

And each folder has a differnt function. Do not understand why the Color Profiles subfolder is not inside PS>Presets (contains the abstract profiles).

Not sure which is the system color folder you refer to in your last answer.

I have uninstalled, clean any folder left out, rebooted and install again.

Abstract 15 ?) and Device link (1 ?) profiles are loaded and work.

BUT If I remember correctly the drop down menus showed all available, or at least all loaded individually.

In my case the list is limited to the one currently used or (alternatively) I can load any other or the same used in other Color Lookup adjustment layer. It's a real nuisance, and makes comparisons impractical. Not sure it is been always this way.

Please see the attached capture. Cannot go further.

Could you please check in a current Windows 10 system? Thanks again.

missing-list.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was refering to C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers \color

This is what I see in Properties:

Abstract:

Device Link:

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks again Dave

The list does not grow or sticks with the profiles (I have to add each time) used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very late to the party but I think I've figured out how to get the profiles to "stick" in the Color Lookup dropdown menu.

Copy the profiles into C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color\ , as Dave said.

Then go into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ and create a Color folder, and then create a Profiles folder inside the Color folder. Paste the profiles into the Profiles folder.

Reboot the computer. (I'm not sure this step is necessary, but I did it, just because.) Now, when I go to use Color Lookup, the missing Abstract and DeviceLink profiles appear in the dropdown menu like they're supposed to. Apparently, you need to have them copied to both locations in order for them to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all. Problem got solved. Thanks a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do i have to copy the "Recommended" file too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as Dave said ...

Copy all the ICC files from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Color Profiles , then paste them into C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

I did it and now I find all the Presets for Abstract and Device Link where they must be

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks DamianoSECD!  After much time and frustration, that finally fixed things for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem & same solution in PS 2021. Hard to believe we pay to fix these things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I tried this recently too and it worked for me. Very good to know. Seems odd that it and a similar file folder issue with LUTs location in Media Encoder has not been corrected yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much mate! You're a life saver! Aha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines