• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which subscription to purchase

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so I'm looking at buying 1 of the packages. I'm not looking at all apps just the photoshop package. Which is the better 1 the £9.99 or the £19.99 per month 1. I'm a pretty advanced photographer so think the 1 TB storage would be useful. Not used lightroom much but like to see what it can offer.

Which is the best basically for everything 😁

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the only difference between the two packages is the storage option. I would go for the $19 options myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without doubt go for the Photography Plan -- you get Photoshop, and updates as they become available,  plus Lightroom and some storage for around $10 a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference is the amount of storage space. Some folks don't need 1T because they have another system for backing up photos.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

Note that both of these are annual plans, paid monthly. There is also a PS only plan that can be annual or monthly at 20.99 a month. This makes sense only if you plan to cancel, and it's probably not what you want.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the confusion for me, the photography plan with 1T storage 19.99 or photoshop single app for same price. If the photo plan still offers all mod cons and updates, presets etc then I guess it's a no brainer to got with it. Just seems odd photoshop on its own was same price as a bundle so I just took it that the 2nd option was the better deal lol. I also read cc also offers ps 6 on its options. So I think the way forward is option 1 with high storage capacity.. Thanks everyone😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PS is the same Photoshop. Some companies need a package they can use for temps and interns who may be there a short while and need a monthly contract they can cancel easily.

Also, you can download a 7-day free trial first, then be sure to subscribe or cancel before the 7 days is up.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was the confusion for me, the photography plan with 1T storage 19.99 or photoshop single app for same price. ... Just seems odd photoshop on its own was same price as a bundle

Update: Adobe has since added the full version of Adobe Fresco plus the premium version of Creative Cloud Express to the Photoshop single-app plan, which are not in any Photography plan. By contrast, all Photography plans include one or both of the Lightroom desktop applications.

The Photoshop single-app also can be purchased month-to-month, whereas the Photography plans cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A LA CARTE VS BUNDLED PRICING

Creative Cloud Photography Plan is a deeply discounted bundle -- approx $10/month for 12 months. Includes the very latest versions of these products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop CC on iPad
-- Lightroom CC on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic

-- Assorted mobile apps
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

A Single App to Photoshop costs more and is less bang for your buck.  I recommend the Photography Plan instead.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your input. That's sorted now. Be good to see what it does as there's alot of portraits that have a fine art feel which I'm thinking is done on the new PS. Thanks again and have a great weekend 🙏😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just browsing over what I've bought ad tbh it's not really any different to ps Cs 6. I half expected actions and presets and a whole new breed of photoshop and lightroom. Everything I do in lightroom I do in ps camera raw anyway lol. Wondering if its worth sticking it out or cancel 😕:volcano:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say I don't agree with your preliminary assessment.

CS6 can't hold a candle to modern Photoshop CC.  Setting aside the fact that CS6 is discontinued, unsupported and no longer receives any updates, it's 8+ years behind in technologies.  I could never go back to CS6 and be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be in for a learning curve then. What ever happened to the Venus control beauty panel for cc, it seems to have gone. Also can you use CC off line🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, Venus retired with CS, but she was Illustrator only. 

Photoshop splash screens:

https://www.versionmuseum.com/history-of/adobe-photoshop

Illustrator splash screens:

https://www.vecteezy.com/deals/the-history-of-adobe-illustrator?locale=en

You only need to be online once a month for Adobe to check in. Otherwise, you can be offline.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used a Venus panel.  Don't know what it is.  Perhaps it's a 3rd party plug-in.  

Yes, you can use Creative Cloud desktop apps offline.  I do so quite often when my Internet goes out.

But your online services like cloud storage, AdobeFonts, etc... won't be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Venus is not a 3rd party plug-in. She's the beloved Illustrator mascot, now retired.

~ Jane

9FB9F93F-EB34-4594-A7D6-F06B35270D29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, I think we're talking about apples & oranges.  

That said, have a look at Venus Retouch Panel -- a plugin for Photoshop & Lightroom CC.

https://filecr.com/windows/venus-retouch-panel/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the Venus beauty panel, but for some reason it's totally vanished and don't trust the sites where it is 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy you wrote "CS6 can't hold a candle to modern Photoshop CC.  Setting aside the fact that CS6 is discontinued, unsupported and no longer receives any updates, it's 8+ years behind in technologies.   I could never go back to CS6 and be happy."

I do not work by candle light so I could easily go back to CS6 for CS6 is stable a great version of Photoshop and does not have all the new Bugs Adobe has added to Photoshop since CS6.  Every new update contains bugs that interfere with users work.  Using Creative Cloud Photoshop is not a good user experience IMO.

I will admit the new tools were add and some old tools have been improved but I have also been impacted by new Bugs.   So is Photoshop 2020 really better than old version of Photoshop can be a matter of opinion.  The Video you posted start off with the new Remove Background button.   I have an old 2004 background removal PSD I did using Photoshop CS a very old 32 bit Photoshop version.  Is Photoshop 2020 removal better than my CS version's removal.  Old version of Photoshop work well. While  new automated tools are helpful they do not get the job done they get you started.  CS vs PS2020

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs come with the territory.  IIRC Creative Suite had it's fair share of them, too. But I haven't used Creative Suite in a long time and even if I still had CS6 access, it's a no-can-do on Hi-DPI displays.  

Since 2014, PS CC hasn't posed any major stability problems for me on Win10.  When I install a new version that doesn't suit my workflow, I uninstall it and revert to a previous PS CC version.  I keep several versions of each app  in case I ever need them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Creative Cloud  Photoshop  Some have even been addressed other haved not.

Photoshop desktop

July 2020 (version 21.2.1) release

June 2020 (version 21.2) release

May 2020 (version 21.1.3) release

April 2020 (version 21.1.2) release

March 2020 (version 21.1.1) release

February 2020 (version 21.1.0) release

January 2020 (version 21.0.3) release

• (macOS) Enabled the Hardened Runtime capability to support Apple's notarization requirements for macOS apps.
  • (Windows) Fixed crash with Select Subject.   

December 2019 (version 21.0.2) release

November 2019 (version 21.0.1) release

• Fixed performance issues and freezing issue if Home or New Document dialog is left open too long
  • Fixed performance issue accessing Save As dialog on Windows

November 2019 (version 21.0) release

Earlier versions

JULY 2020 (VERSION 20.0.10) RELEASE

• Security fixes

MARCH 2020 (VERSION 20.0.9) RELEASE

DECEMBER 2019 (VERSION 20.0.8) RELEASE

OCTOBER 2019 (VERSION 20.0.7) RELEASE

• Fixed issue where saving presets didn't work or gave a "Program Error" on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
  • Fixed issue where Export Layer to Files, Layer Comps to Files, and Layer Comps to PDF did not work on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

See Photoshop and macOS Catalina (10.15) for additional compatibility details.

The version number for Windows was bumped to 20.0.7 for consistency.

AUGUST 2019 (VERSION 20.0.6) RELEASE

• Security fix. See this article for more information.

JUNE 2019 (VERSION 20.0.5) RELEASE

MARCH 2019 (VERSION 20.0.4) RELEASE

FEBRUARY 2019 (VERSION 20.0.3) RELEASE

JANUARY 2019 (VERSION 20.0.2) RELEASE

NOVEMBER 2018 (VERSION 20.0.1) RELEASE

OCTOBER 2018 (VERSION 20.0) RELEASE

AUGUST 2019 (VERSION 19.1.9) RELEASE

MARCH 2019 (VERSION 19.1.8) RELEASE

NOVEMBER 2018 (VERSION 19.1.7) RELEASE

AUGUST 2018 (VERSION 19.1.6) RELEASE

• Security fix for a memory corruption issue when opening .tga and .pct files. See this article for more information.

JUNE 2018 (VERSION 19.1.5) RELEASE

MAY 2018 (VERSION 19.1.4) RELEASE

APRIL 2018 (VERSION 19.1.3) RELEASE

MARCH 2018 (VERSION 19.1.2) RELEASE

FEBRUARY 2018 (VERSION 19.1.1) RELEASE

• Issue while using the Properties panel: The default tracking value is 1 and negative values don't work.
  • (Windows-only) Lens Flare preview repeats at 175% and 225%.
  • Vanishing Point pixel data distorted while hovering over with brush tools
  • Issue while finding the path specified for the CanoScan 9000F Mark II scanner
  • (Windows-only) Old font name flashing in the Font Name field of the Character panel when arrowing through the fonts

JANUARY 2018 (VERSION 19.1) RELEASE

NOVEMBER 2017 (VERSION 19.0.1) RELEASE

Note:

IMPORTANT - There is an issue where the About dialog and Help > System Info do not show the correct version. See this doc for more details:

OCTOBER 2017 (VERSION 19.0) RELEASE

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do I need to download for the portfolio, website and hosting please. Is be interested in looking at that. 👍🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to download anything:

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Portfolio is an online site builder.  There's nothing to download.  Log-in below to create your first site.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Getting Started with Portfolio

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my last question for now lol. 

There's so many skin retouching panels out there but the 3 that come to mind are 

Venus control panel

Beautyfi

Ultimate control panel. 

Are they all pretty much the same and if so which is the best. 

I know Venus comes with CC and the others are a small fee. So what do you use 🙏😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines