• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is PS showing different colors when exporting ?

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of the Export dialog, which colors shifted to warmer / red in comparison with the TIFF file opened in PS (visible in the background here)

This is before I even save the JPEG file.

How can I make PS use the right colors when saving to JPEG ?

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

You need to check "embed color profile" in the Export dialog.

With this checked, you see the color managed image. Unchecked, it displays without color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What we haven't asked here is whether you actually have a valid and accurate monitor profile. Are you using a calibrator to make it?

The issue of wide gamut monitors sort of slipped into the conversation unnoticed, but let me be very clear on this: a wide gamut monitor can only be used in a fully color managed environment, and you must have a valid monitor profile for it.

No exceptions. This is the deal you implicitly accept when you purchase one of these units. If you have software that isn't fully color managed - stop using it. Find something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're completely wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines