• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there no artboard transparency in version Photoshop 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Faced with difficulties in version 2021, I ask the community for help.
I can not export PNG with transparent background as I did before. I have 20 artboards in one file and some I adjust to sizes through this export, but now the result is not the same (see photo).
What should I do to get transparency back ???11.png22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem in PS 21(( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by far one of the most irresponsible things adobe has done. Huge time suck for me today. Select artboard - then go to Properties / transparency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This took me a minute to figure out too! With the Artboard layer selected (not the object layer), you can go to properties and change background color to transparent. 
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 4.52.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-27 at 4.52.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you watch screen in post, you will see that fil of bg already transparent, but when you safe photo, there no transparent(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Canvas is transparent, but your Artboard may not be. I see you pointed to the transparent setting, but in that panel it says Canvas. Select the Artboard in the Layers panel. Then make sure the Artboard backgound color is set to Transparent.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Canvas is transparent, but your Artboard may not be. I see you pointed to the transparent setting, but in the Properties panel it says Canvas. Select the Artboard in the Layers panel. Then make sure the Artboard backgound color is set to Transparent.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you advise, it has transparent in the settings, but i see white bg in artboard, this is the essence of the problem..this appeared only in version 21

my screens in russian, but they same like in top of post

Прозрачный = transparent

1.png2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's defintely odd behavior. Trying resetting Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting settings does not help !!!
The artboard is still "white" even if you set transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe... Expert & Instructor..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It made sense to me. If you click the actual "artboard 1" layer it will open a window to change the background color and set to transparent. 

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this concept and i learn from heare nice and keep it up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on every work computer of the lab that has photoshop 2021 installed! We've been having to completely avoid using artboards for months! Transparency doesn't export on artboards! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was testing, last normal working version was Adobe Photoshop 2020 v21.2.1.265. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem and no solution! 
v23.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on PS 2022 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To export transparency:

File > Export > Artbaords to Files > Select PNG 24 from File Type > Click/Check Export Options box > Select Trancparent > Click "Run"

I hope this work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse the spelling 🙂 - cannot re-edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not work. I will update to latest version and check. It was and/or is bug in the software but back then last version that worked normally is v21.2.1.265

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! it didn't fix the problem with the artboards being white, but it exported the files the way i needed. Thank you ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on PS 2022 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Works! Thanks, bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Group all the Artboard's content, then R.Click on the group => Export As, and enjoy 🙂

Screenshot 2022-02-07 142521.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thanks this can be a temporary solution for this problem ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines