• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrote two texts with identical color and settings but each came out slightly different..

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I was making a design for my clothing brand and I wrote two different texts:
"MAKE YOUR OWN LEGACY " & " ESCAPE THE MATRIX ".

With these colors and settings on them:

Color: #22d222

Outer Glow: opacity- 49% spread- 10% size- 43%

But when I was putting them side by side I noticed a slight difference in the green texture of the words.

Screenshot 2023-04-12 135728.pngScreenshot 2023-04-12 135830.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

That’s because the Layer Style of the top one works on everything below – including the lower Type Layer. 

You could put both Type Layers into one Group and apply the Layer Style to the Group instead of the individual Type Layers. 

Edit: Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 14.33.22.pngScreenshot 2023-04-13 at 14.33.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide the file. 

What is the Blend Mode of the Outer Glow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

The blend mode is screen. I've sent you the file in a private message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

The color of the Type Layer seems to be identical. 

Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 13.16.48.png

When you compared the two Layers could it be you moved them so close that the Outer Glow of the top one affected the lower one? 

Edit: Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 13.29.38.pngScreenshot 2023-04-13 at 13.29.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the colors are the same but as you can see in the second picture you provided, when you put the letters O and E near each other, you can see that there is a slightly more darker texture on O then on E.

Do you know how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s because the Layer Style of the top one works on everything below – including the lower Type Layer. 

You could put both Type Layers into one Group and apply the Layer Style to the Group instead of the individual Type Layers. 

Edit: Screenshot 2023-04-13 at 14.33.22.pngScreenshot 2023-04-13 at 14.33.47.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seemed to work. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines