• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch without using Actions

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to be able to Batch simple menu commands on all open files without having to create an Action for it. For example: Merge layers, Image size, Trim…

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Simple menu commands" means different things to every user.

You still have to set the parameters for most of these "simple" commands. Image Size, for instance. And "merge" means different things depending on layer structure and which layer is selected, or whether multiple layers are selected.

The simplest imaginable implementation would be a "do again" command, which you could assign a shortcut to. But be prepared for error messages when initial conditions aren't the same.

And how many history states? Just one? or two or three?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you reply.

I understand what you mean, but it could be a box to tick in the dialog window "apply to all open documents", for example. Of course it would only work files with a similar structure, but there are times when all your files have the same.

I could create an Action for "resize to 20%" and the next time another one for "resize to 25%", etc. And another one for "Merge All Layers". I was just wondering if we could do that without having to create all sorts of simple Actions that only perform one command.

I already have shortcuts for most of these commands, so "do again" wouldn't remove the tediousness of having to go through all the open files one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate