• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRING PHOTOSHOP AND LIGHTROOM TO LINUX

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that this has been introduced in 2011, and back then You did not plan to accommodate our requests.
Linux is not a minor OS any more. More Software developers should acknowledge that.
I am asking for LINUX version of Photoshop because if You already have macOS version which is based on UNIX, and guess what? Linux is also based on UNIX.
Many people migrate to Linux now, and we should be able to have that choice too. Unfortunately, my patience with Windows will end soon, and that means I will migrate to Linux without Adobe apps, which will force me to cancel my subscription.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is valid to raise a request, but Adobe staff have confirmed they have no plans to introduce a version for Linux

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-provide-support-for-linux-2011/idc-p/1433...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, that was 13 years ago. Lets see what they say now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - it was answered (and declined) in 2021 and they recently confirmed it has not changed

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, it's been 3 years ago, and a lot changed since then. I am not here to discuss that with You Dave, I was advised by Adobe customer service to post this request here. I got the link, so I posted as I was advised. Now it's a matter of waiting and seeing if they still ignore that. I will miss Photoshopp and Lightroom, but if they are not willing, then they are not willing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. I probably won't bother getting an Adobe subscription for Windows pr ever buying another Mac. I'll probably go straight Ubuntu on my notebook and don't want to have to run Lr in Wine. 😆 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to linux full time long ago, when photoshop CS6 was new.  When I went to linux, I put windows in a virtual machine (then windows 7) and moved my photoshop license to there.  Now I run photoshop cs6 anytime while also running linux.  Photoshop and windows sees all my linux drives, so all my photos reside in the linux file systems.  I only run a couple of windows programs in the virtual machine and do not access the internet with windows.

I would gladly pay for and install photoshop CC if there was a linux version.  Yes, I could do this with windows in a virtual machine, but I will never run windows 11, so going forward, it will need to be native linux or I will not use photoshop CC..   But until a linux version happens, I'll also continue to use rawtherapee and gimp unless I need something photoshop specific.

Despite Adobe, linux share is increasing.  If Adobe included linux, that market share would likely jump considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this happens this in my opinion would be a value addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, if You go ahead with new terms and conditions, then forget it. I won't share my personal work with You and PAY YOU subscription on top of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Web version of Photoshop is an option:

https://www.adobe.com/ca_fr/products/photoshop/online.html

Votes

Translate