Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative Fill Not Inclusive

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Photoshop Team,

I am writing to express my deep concern and disappointment regarding the exclusion of figurative artists, particularly those who depict nudity, from accessing the generative AI fill tool in Adobe Photoshop. As a female artist who primarily works with the human figure, this decision feels both wrong and deeply unfair.

The human figure has been a central subject in art since the dawn of civilization, and nudity has been an integral aspect of artistic expression throughout history. Many artists, myself included, utilize the female form as a means of exploring themes of beauty, identity, and the human experience. By excluding artists who work with nudity, Adobe is effectively marginalizing a significant portion of the artistic community.

The Generative Fill Tool holds immense potential for artists like myself, offering innovative ways to enhance and expand our creative processes. However, by restricting access based on subject matter, Adobe is limiting the tool's usefulness and alienating a large segment of its user base.

Furthermore, the implications of this decision extend beyond mere inconvenience. Over-censorship of artistic content, particularly when it comes to depictions of the female body, perpetuates harmful stereotypes and reinforces oppressive norms. By stigmatizing nudity in art, Adobe risks contributing to a culture of censorship that silences important voices and stifles creative expression.

I urge the Photoshop team to reconsider its stance on this matter and to ensure that the Generative Fill Tool remains accessible to all artists, regardless of the subject matter they choose to explore. By embracing diversity and inclusivity, Adobe can truly empower artists to push boundaries, challenge conventions, and create meaningful, thought-provoking work.

Thank you for considering my perspective on this important issue. I hope that together, we can work towards a more inclusive and supportive environment for artists everywhere.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, there are lots of people out there who would abuse this and create some very disturbing images. I wouldn't hold out for this to be a thing. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get that. But it seems to me like people could create very
disturbing images without Generative Fill. I’m sure people have been making
horribly disturbing images with photoshop since its advent. I’m not holding
out much hope, but I did want my concern heard. It just feels like
censorship and infantilizing to alienate great and well-meaning figurative
artists just because some people would abuse it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see how it makes you feel. I don't share your feelings but I understand where they are coming from. I see it as a legal issue. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate