• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Automatically select HEX value when opening color picker

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the color picker is opened, the red field is automatically selected. It's very, very rare that I'd want to copy the red component of a color. However, I copy the HEX value very often. Usually it's to copy a color, then paste it into another picker, like when I'm copying a shape's fill color.

It'd be great if the hex field was automatically selected when the picker is opened, saving several clicks (four clicks when copying and pasting a shape's fill color).

Image is not available

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
27 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though It's  years after implementation, I'd like to show my gratitude, now that I finally found the founder of the idea to instantly select the HEX value in the color panel. 

It's a productivity optimizing implementation I'm using every single day. It's the only color value existing out of one field, so it can be simply copy pasted into other field by just opening up the dialogue copying, go to the desired field and paste it again.

I know I'm just explaining what it can be used for, but I'm glad I got to see who is responsible for the idea. 

Thanks @Marc Edwards!

If there's anything... 🙂

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great to hear the suggestion helped others. 😄