• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Timelapse and Track Time in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we should get a function that gives us the ability to record a timelapse of our work like in Clip Studio Paint. Additionally, it would be nice if there was a way to track exactly how much time we've spent inside of a file, since it's easy to forget enabling different programs for each of these purposes.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is complexe enough without them trying to add screen recording features. Just use one of the many apps out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop truly is not complex at all. I also don't see how adding a feature that one of their biggest competitors has would drastically add to the complexity of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:facepalm: If you say so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sofiamins Art most professionals use third party solutions to track time and do timelapse screen recording. There are solutions that can automate time tracking more effectively with all your software/file usage instead of one-offs in each application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am aware there are third party solutions to this, but seeing these extremely simple yet super handy features built into other art programs makes me wonder why a company as big as Adobe has never thought of it. Ibis Paint shows a little number with each project telling you how long you worked on it, without you having to open any other software. Procreate does this too. It's not a big deal to most, but to me and anyone else with the memory of a fish it might be a life saver. I've already enabled a third party solution for this now, but like I said, just an idea, nothing more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly it seems to me that your judgement about what is complex and what is simple may not be completely reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because it isn't. My judgement comes from a very basic point of view and from a means of comparison. I see it with the competitors, I don't see it with them, I wonder why. Simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet you wrote: »Photoshop truly is not complex at all.« 

Certainly there are more complex applications, but that does not mean that Photoshop is »not complex at all«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there was a mix up here. When "complex" was mentioned, I thought it was implicated that the use of the program would become more complex, which would not be the case for me because I am very familiar with Photoshop, so I said it wasn't complex. If you meant coding wise, then I apologize, since I do not know anything about programming and thought that adding a tiny window that shows the amount of time you've spent inside a file would not be a difficult addition. If I am wrong about that, I am sorry. And about the screenrecording feature, again I don't know how hard it would be to add that programming wise, but I have yet to find third party software that captures the canvas and the canvas only, that also doesn't make my PC sound like a jet engine. If you can recommend me one of those, please do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then this was just a misunderstanding, sorry. 

I am not a programmer myself, either, but as for the screen-reording: 

I am afraid that could be a tricky feature for the data-valume alone that would need to be genereated/stored for large images. 

At least if you want to get a recording at full resolution, regardless of magnification on screen. 

Maybe you can motivate acquaintances who agree with you to add their vote to the thread; this would not be a guarantee for consideration/implementation of the feature/s, but might create more attention at Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I understand. Sounds like a good idea, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate