• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestions / Recent - Add option to shift-select multiple recent files to open at once

Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature request is pretty straightforward:
Add option to shift-select multiple recent files to open at once.
It's especially useful when you work on multiple files simultanously, exchange elements, operations, etc.
Thanks.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a lot of requests for similar functionality but curious what you're after specifically.  
For example, I'd like to see this whole concept reworked so that we not only get filenames, but in the list on hover it would pop up the image. We could multi select them, not just shift-select, but CTRL+ as well.
Additionally nice would be session saving where one could save a session or project with certain images open, then close it out, open other things and work, then later launch that same session once again. 
It should work the same way in open files where hovering over the tab provides a popup of the image which would be especially useful when lots of smaller files are open at once in tabs extending beyond what can be seen. 

Autodidactic Attention Deficit Disordered Polymath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Frank_B – I'm not sure how that would work with a dropdown sub menu?

What about the Home Screen window?

I realise that this is an "idea" post (feature request), however, until such a thing is considered by Adobe:

https://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/scripts/open-recent.html

The session saving option mentioned by @sleerfnivek was scripted for here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/scripts-to-save-amp-restore-photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't clear in the feature request description.
When I mentioned Suggestions / Recent I meant the first screen you see when you launch Photoshop. It shows thumbnails of the recent projects.
I'm not talking about dropdown menu from the left top corner: File/Open Recent.

So the idea is simple to be able to select more than one thumbnail at once which means opening multiple recent files at once. This would be helpful because once we open one recent file we don't see this screen with thumbnails of recent projects/files anymore.

PS-recent-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate