• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warp more than one layer at once?

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I thought that this would be an obvious question, but how come we can't warp a selection in more than one layer at once? I could expand that question to the Transform function without it selecting the boundaries of the whole document? Crikey, it's been like this for 20 years or so. Time for an improvement perhaps.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davids84228917 why not select the layers you want to warp and create a smart object, thereby allowing you to edit them all at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ Kevin Stohlmeyer. Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately selecting the layers I want to warp and creating a smart object flattens all selected layers, plus the warp fuction doesn't work. My request is quite simple. Select the layers you want to warp and the warp function should work on all of them together with the selection based on the largest layer, but keeping them separate. Also, when you want to transform a few layers at once, the selection defaults to the whole document size, making it impossible to do precision work on small selections. It's a simple request to Adobe that shouldn't require a half arsed work around really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. Warp Function I mean. An unfortunate typo! 🙂 Can't seem to be able to edit any post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davids84228917 no need to be rude - you've posted an idea in the public forum and hopefully other users agree and will upvote. Being crass won't help your cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Kevin's idea of making it a Smart Object does work--really well. And it was very simple— I took two layers, turned them into a smart opbect and then used the Warp tool. See the image below.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 9.31.37 PM.png

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate