Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2023 Shadows and Highlights.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 2023 Shadows and Highlights.

With every adjustment of the slider I have to uncheck and re-check the preview box to see the adjustment i have made to the photo.

The adjstment I am making should be obvious and be able to be seen as i am doing it.

I spoke to a senior technician yesterday (21st March 2023) who advsied it is still being looked into. they are providing a slow service.

Camera and Card Reader recognition Elements 2023.

Senior Tech at Adobe told me I have to subscribe to some area of Bridge to allow the Camera recgnition to operate and download the photos from a card reader.

An adobe emloyee operating an on- line blog advised that downloading Adobe Bridge BETA solves this recognition problem and it did.

Adobe BETA now recognises my camera and my card reader just like the last Photoshop Elements 19 etc.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

@Telpy, an update to Elements 2023 has just been released and is being pushed out to users automatically, depending on your set preferences. Can you please let us know whether it has resolved your preview issue with Shadows and Highlights?

You have not told us what problem you are having with camera recognition.  Are you talking about recognition of raw files with a brand new camera?  If not, I have never seen any report like yours.  Can you please give us a link to the Adobe blog that you men

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Telpy, an update to Elements 2023 has just been released and is being pushed out to users automatically, depending on your set preferences. Can you please let us know whether it has resolved your preview issue with Shadows and Highlights?

You have not told us what problem you are having with camera recognition.  Are you talking about recognition of raw files with a brand new camera?  If not, I have never seen any report like yours.  Can you please give us a link to the Adobe blog that you mention in your post.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg S. the update has been installed and the problem with shadow and highlights resolved.

Camera recognition - My apologies it was the card reader that could not be detected and not the camera.

I have been using Photoshop CS and E;ements for over 12 years now but this 2023 version when transferred to the M1 Mac woulkd not detect the card reader with my raw files. I went to the camera symbol / photo downloader to "get media" and it responded with "non detected / no device found". I screenshared with an adviser for a few hours and he he could not solve any of my issues. With the update this is now resolverd also.

As for the blog it was just something I came across while searching for an answer to my card reader problems. I do not subscribe or know where to get back to it to be honest but this Bridge Beta version sure helped with my card reader problem.

Thank you once again for your assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Telpy, thanks for confirming that the Shadows/Highlights problem has been resolved. The update release notes are never informative.

With respect to the card reader issue, do you know whether the OS was able to see the card reader?  The only time I have seen a report of a card reader not being recognized by Elements is for a CFexpress card reader.  If that is what you have, then I can understand why a more updated program like the Bridge Beta might be able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Card Readers: Lexar USB3 and Delkin (new)

CF Card Lexar Pro 600x

The card reader was listed in the Finder menu and I could access the photos through the Finder Menu but when I asked for Adobe Bridge to get the photos there was no device detected. The only difference from it working before to the problem I had recently was the change over from an old Mac to a new M1 Mac. Everything worked fine before.

However as I said after the recent Adobe update all seems fine.

What is the differnce between the two Bridges? Adobe 2023 Bridge and the Beta one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What is the differnce between the two Bridges? Adobe 2023 Bridge and the Beta one?"

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-13-0-3-686/td-p...

APD

• APD does not show the devices list on Mac Ventura 13.2

Note: I am neither a Mac user and I don't know Bridge well enough to comment.

It's quite possible that the beta version corrects a local incompatibility with the new M 1/2 Macs, but that the organizer is still affected and needs different solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. Even after the recent Adobe update the shadow hights preview is not working properly. This is happening with regular JPEG images. You have to double click to see changes which is really a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines