• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deactivate Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know how to do this. I need to install my disc on a new computer and it told me my serial number is good for 2 computers and i need to deactivate one

please send replys to my email address

[Email address removed]

Message was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Hi all,

You can deactivate Photoshop Elements from the old computer or for moving the software from one computer to another by following the below steps:

1. Open Photoshop Elements
  2. Launch Editor
  3. Go to Help Menu 
  4. Click on Sign out Or Deactivate

Note: The machine should be connected to the internet at the time when you are performing these steps. For more information related to Activation and Deactivation take a look at the following article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You open the Editor on your old PC and on the menu bar click Help à Deactivate

If that doesn’t work you need to contact support at the link below. Click I need help with deactivation and it’s often possible to initiate live chat.

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am migrating from an old iMac to a new one.

Actually I have installed on the old iMac Photoshop Element 14 and Premiere Element 14.

Should I deactivate the apps in the old computer? And if so, how to do it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gilbertoj97886933 wrote:

Actually I have installed on the old iMac Photoshop Element 14 and Premiere Element 14.

Should I deactivate the apps in the old computer? And if so, how to do it?

Thanks!

Yes, you should.

Use the menu Help >> Sign out (your user name)

That's the same as the 'deactivate' option of the same menu in older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, just to make sure - the "activation" is computer related?

Meaning, if I sign out in the old computer it will not affect the app in the new computer although in both the user name is the same, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gilbertoj97886933 wrote:

Meaning, if I sign out in the old computer it will not affect the app in the new computer although in both the user name is the same, right?

Correct.

Don't migrate Adobe applications.  Do a proper installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to deactivate Photoshop Elements 13 on a Macbook Pro before doing a clean install of a newer OS. I can't reactivate it, because it still shows that I never deactivated the product on a Hard Drive that no longer exists. How can this be fixed so that I can use a product that I paid for the license to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the chat option here and ask to have your activations reset:

Contact Customer Care

Chat 1 + Chat 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an old computer crashed that had elements 9 on it. gone but still have everything in original box. not deactivated. now the new (4 yrs) computer with elements 12 on it is about to suffer the same fate. How can I deactivate it? I'm already going to have to buy windows 10 because this one is an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate and deactivate Adobe products

When you have a non-functioning computer and can't deactivate a serial number

Be sure to ONLY ask for activation support to adjust your activation count

Serial number and activation support (non-Cloud) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2041990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do what has been suggested by the two previous posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 14 on two computers.  One of them died and I need to install PE14 on its replacment.  However, I can't complete the installation because I've already used both of my activations.  How can I deactive one of them?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to contact Adobe.

Reach us by phone (adobe.com)Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

This is a very common situation, but be warned that you'll have to be very clear (and insist) that it's not a normal support case, but a server activation case; usually that only takes a couple of minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also contact support via a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I tried that yesterday and was told that they couldn't help me with a pertual license.  He could only help with subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you call again, and if the agent gives you a hard time, ask to speak to a supervisor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support agent failed to do their job properly.
Go back to chat and only ask to have your activations reset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for to all that replied.  I sent an email to the support team and was told that they couldn't help me.  They said that the PE14 server is no longer in service and that they couldn't deactivate my devices.  I think it's wrong that I have a license for an Adobe product that runs fine under Windows 10, but I can't use it because Adobe won't allow me to.  All they wanted to do is sell me the latest version, which I refuse to buy.  I'll find another non-Adobe option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon further research, it appears that the servers for version 14 have been shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Peru Bob has been misinformed.  See this thread which discusses activation of old perpetual licenses for Photoshop Creative Suite.  There should be absolutely no difference for Elements.  As you will see from that discussion, it is quite possible to reset activations through the Adobe Chat system.  And I have done so recently myself for an old version of Elements.

@spoupard, I am concerned that you say you contacted Adobe support via email.  Unless you sent an email to an Adobe.com address, you have probably been spammed.  Did you get the email address via Private Message?  Others have been given the same lie using that method.  If my suspicions are correct, please give us the user name of the person who sent you the PM.  We can then get them banned from the forum.  If this is not the case, then certainly contact Adobe Support again.  It takes but a couple of minutes to do it by chat.  You just need to make clear that all you want to do is reset your activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and information.  I pride myself on being so careful not to fall for spam, but it looks like I fell for it.  The user Nigel Moss.. (his username has two periods after it).  This one came through a private message.  I see now that he has 0 posts.

Also, I sent an email to who I thought was Adobe tech support.  See the message posted to this thread on August 2 @ 7:52 AM.  Is the "reply to this message" email address in the message legit?  After looking at it closer, I'm not so sure it is.

Anyway, I'll try chatting with Adobe again and see if I can make some progress.  Thank you for all of your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back about the spammer.  That account has been banned from this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Peru Bob has been misinformed.  See this thread which discusses activation of old perpetual licenses for Photoshop Creative Suite.  There should be absolutely no difference for Elements.  As you will see from that discussion, it is quite possible to reset activations through the Adobe Chat system.  And I have done so recently myself for an old version of Elements.

I, too, have read somewhere on Adobe website (not forum) that servers were taken down up to Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In light of the post by Greg_S., I would suggest going back to Adobe Chat and try a few different times to get different agents and see if one of them can reset your activaions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who said I needed to try again and insist that they help me.  I tried another chat and eventually got them to reset my activation count.  They absolutely didn't want to, though.  They insisted that this is supposed to be handled by this community.  I had to provide a link to these comments to show that you said I needed to have them reset the activation count.  It took a while, but they finally did it.  Thanks again to everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines