• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 2024 EDITOR Wont open

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using PE 2024 for months. Today Editor won't open. ERROR : APP linked to Ipp Libraries.  Ver 2021.6  No DLL from list found.  ippcve9.dll (most suitable) Its been fine. What happened overnight and how to fix it?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

I chatted with their support and they advised to follow the below steps, which worked for me.

Open >Properties for PE 2024 and change Compatibility mode to Windows 7

Then de-install and download this file:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/pse/24_0/PhotoshopElements_2024_LS30_win64_ESD.zip

Extract and install

Once installed, open Photoshop Elements and go to Photo Editor > Edit > Preferences > General > Application Updates. Then disable the automatic updates and enable the Remind me later option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Thanks Greg for the answer.

On this page, I don't really see where i can get a personalized help. (?)

However, i did find a page where you i can re-download PSE 2024.
But on this page, you can only download an installer and not the full version of PSE 2024.

In fact, the installer will download the latest version of PSE 2024 (and therefore the one affected by the bug we're concerned about).

To my great surprise, I find that this page states that:

"Elements 2024 will only support macOS 12 and 13 (13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

@AnnieBleu15 thanks for confirming that the Elements 2024.3 update is now working for you.  I have also confirmed that my Windows machine has been updated.  To determine what version you have, go to Help>About Photoshop Elements.  The new update will show the following splash screen:

Ashampoo_Snap_Friday, June 21, 2024_9h59m41s.png 

If you have turned Automatic Updates off in Preferences, you should receive a notification that an update is available.  Otherwise, turn automatic updates back on again.  It may take a little while for the updat

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Vielen Dank!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, This update happened in early April. It is now towards the end of June...this should have been addressed by now. Others make a salient point...Adobe has contact information for its customers, yet no attempt has been made to inform any of us directly about this bug. I find this an ethical lapse to be sure. I will contact Support and ask why this has not been done.  We should be on a list to contact when the fix update becomes available, instead of having to constantly check for news.  This is how not to run a business, and if Adobe was smart they would have someone monitoring things here to assist them in proper response to software issues.  Direct corporate contact with customers is vital to engendering respect and trust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all for the options! Got it back!  Great support community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project manager should be fire!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julio41 said: 

A couple of things I don't understand: Where do I find "Open>Properties for PE2024"? I can only open Organizer and I didn't find that in there.

You can find the setting in the Edit>Preferences dialog for both the Organizer and the Photo Editor. If you can't open the Editor to change the preferences, you will be able to do so after you follow the directions to reinstall the older version of the program.  You should adjust the settings in both the Organizer and the Editor.

Here are screenshots for both:

Ashampoo Snap 16_Friday, April 12, 2024_16h32m42s_3_multi.png

@Julio41 said:

"Then de-install...." Do you mean to uninstall the existing faulty version? and then download the zip file?

Yes.  You need to uninstall the current non-working version of the program and download the zip file.  Unzip the file and use the Setup.exe file found in the installation folder to reinstall the program.  This file will download and install the program before the update was issued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. I installed the program. There's still one program:   I could not install the Camera Raw add-on.  It says:

Exit Code: 190
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Sanity check for installation failed. Current OS version 6.1.7600 doesn't satisfy OS requirements.
FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 190 error message 
WARN: GetIEProxyInfo - Failed to get proxy for the url, error:12180
WARN: GetIEProxyInfo - Failed to get proxy for the url, error:12180
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AliciaJenn said:  I am having the same issue, it will not let me install camera raw!

Are you saying that you have installed the program (without the update) but you can't install Camera Raw?  This is probably an unrelated problem.  Make sure that after you start the Camera Raw installation from the Help menu, you close all open Adobe programs.  If this doesn't fix the problem for you, please start a new discussion and give us more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, I installed the link above and followed all directions, and tried to install camera raw from the help menu and it dosen't work. Says my system doesn't meet requirements when I have a modern comptuer. I just went back to PSE21 until Adobe can resolve this issue with PSE24 because I have a buisness to run and can't keep trying to fix something adobe messed up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this over & over and it still won't work for me. I still keep getting the same error messages. At one point, I noticed on my Control Panel that Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 was still there in addition to Adobe Photoshop Elemenst 24 that I just upgraded to in March. I thought maybe that was the problem, so I uninstalled Adobe Photoshop Elements 13. I hope this wasn't a big mistake. Did it have all the components needed and my upgrade to Adobe Photoshop Elemenst 24 just added anything new? I'm very frustrated - wasted half a day already trying to get my PSE to open! Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those continuing to have installation problems, you should contact Adobe Support (and let us know if they come up with a solution).

If you have not followed the instruction to use comaptibility mode, here is what I suggest you do:

• Navigate to the following folder:  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2024
  • Right-click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file
  • Select Properties from the context menu
  • Click on the Compatibility tab
  • Check the box to Run this Program in Compatibility Mode
  • Select Windows 7 from the dropdown menu.

Ashampoo Snap 16_Friday, April 12, 2024_22h39m48s_4.png

Try running the Help>Install Camera Raw option again. 

If that doesn't work, I will give you another suggestion for manually installing the Camera Raw plug-in. 

Please post screenshots of any error messages that you are receiving.  I will again try to escalate these issues to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything but I got this error when opening Camera Raw: the raw function of the camera requires GPU acceleration20240417-camera-raw-error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Neil34051770002k, what number did you use to call Adobe Support?  It sounds like you either called the wrong Adobe number or you were calling a scammer.  (Or Adobe has changed its support policy and I am not aware of it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news yet on when Adobe will publish an update for PE 2024 that includes a fix for these issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mwdorsey, I have no further news about a new update.  Unless you are using the German, French or Japanese versions, you are not missing much by not having the latest update (2024.2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since no end of April fix, I followed directions to un & install & change preferences. On opening , get new update notify window.  Only 2 options Install now or on exit. Frustrated. Adobe customer service for Elements is poor. Got my software December 2, 23 & after April 24 got IPPCV error. Little information on Elements support other than the community. Not one mention of this issue on Adobe. Community advised to uninstall & reinstall & turn off auto update; advised Adobe fix end of April. Saw issues doing so, so waited but NO fix. omeone should sue for loss of use and aggravation. Now stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, but went to Live Chat and was helped. I am finally up & running again after weeks without my Adobe Photoshop that I just paid to upgrade on March 8th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you have to do to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got on Live Chat. I remotely shared my computer and she did her thing. I think she had to uninstall Adobe Photoshop Elements and reinstall it. It took just over an hour but it worked after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been over a month since the Flaw in PS2024 was reported.  Yeh, they have a work around, but not a fix.  Isn't about time they either fixed the program or offer a refund for a product that should not have released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Greg_S.   

Greg, could you give us a web link to download a version of PSE2024 for Mac before the April 2024 update please ? It's been over a month since this issue was reported and no fix has been proposed. We're left with a program on which we can't make any adjustments. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaJo1307, I'm sorry but I don't have a link for the Mac.  Perhaps you can get one from Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg for the answer.

On this page, I don't really see where i can get a personalized help. (?)

However, i did find a page where you i can re-download PSE 2024.
But on this page, you can only download an installer and not the full version of PSE 2024.

In fact, the installer will download the latest version of PSE 2024 (and therefore the one affected by the bug we're concerned about).

To my great surprise, I find that this page states that:

"Elements 2024 will only support macOS 12 and 13 (13.4)"

This annotation now makes me seriously doubt that there will ever be a solution to this problem.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, as it would be very inelegant of Adobe.

What more can we do?
This bug has been reported for a long time now.
(Still present on Mac OS Sonoma 14.5 now)

Before April, everything worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe really need to get their act together. I’ve got two computers, one a
high end one with Win11 and the other an older one with Win10. Elements
2024 works fine on my high end computer except after the ‘wonderful’
update Focus Magic doesn’t work any more although it still works
fine in my Elements 2020. Needless to say Elements 2024 doesn’t work any
more on my older computer. As a matter of interest I notice that Premiere
Elements 2024 still works fine on my older computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines