• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop & Premiere Elements 2021 won't load.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 2021 on May 9th and installed it on my NEW HP. It worked well till I tried to use it today (7-21-2021).  Neither application will launch. The window pops up that allows you to choose what you'd like to do. Photoshop says it's loading but doesn't. Premiere acts like it's going to open but does not and I have to "end task" to get it to go away. 

I am so disappointed in this program. I had used photoshop for years without issues. 

The more I read about the problems, the more discouraged I become. I am not a computer geek. I don't want to go messing in files and uninstalling/reinstalling. I just want it to work or a refund and I'll find something else that does.

Has anyone been able to successfully fix it and have it stay fixed?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me if the "fix" Nidhi posted here works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help! In the hopes that this might help someone, the fix I linked above does fix Photoshop At least for now. It does nothing for Premiere. So I'm still here and asking for help with Premiere. 

My computer came with Windows 10 so while I appreciate the link sent via PM, it did not apply to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaults19ragktnunj, be very careful with any link sent to you via PM!!!!!  It is probably from a spammer.  Please let us know the user name of the person who sent you the PM so that we can confirm their identity and, if necessary, block them from using this forum. 

And if your only problem now is with opening Premiere Elements, I suggest you post in the Premiere Elements forum where you may get more help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link was via the Adobe Photoshop FB page and was to this.

It's the article on what to try if Windows 10 was an updated version installed over an older version.  My computer came with it when I purchased it this spring. 

Can you tell me if adobecareinc@outlook.com is a legit email for adobe? I did get a PM from Ronald Fisher suggesting Adobe Customer Care could help via email.

I hesitate to get too excited but I just tried Photoshop and Premiere and THEY BOTH OPENED! OMG. I have no clues what happened... maybe I am a computer genius afterall? J/K

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaults19ragktnunj,  the only legitimate email address used by Adobe personnel will be from @Adobe.com.   Addresses similar to the one you posted are typical of spammers on this forum.

Hopefully, both programs will continue to work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines