• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 / Windows 11 Compatibility

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Elements version 12 compatible with Windows 11? I recently installed my downloaded version and it caused my entire computer (new) to crash and I had to restore it. 

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to install the Creative Cloud application before installing Photoshop Elements:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

I had to install it to be able to install PSE 2018 on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I already had CC installed on a new LG Windows 11 laptop, the installed Elements 12. There were two drivers that did not install - looking back that was a red flag, but I figured at worst Elements would not run. But no, in fact my laptop would not even boot. Reinstalling Windows from scratch now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing Elements in Compatibiliy Mode.  See this post for some instructions.  For Elements 12, you will find the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe file in the following path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same result appended with my new windows 11 computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My new HP computer also crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here with my Samsung Book with W11... For me, it look like Adobe don't wanna we still using Photoshop elements 12 for so long. In fact, I repeated the process without success and now, probably, my windows will crash again when I restart my laptop. #plannedobsolescence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines