• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE '19 on Mojave Has Spinning Wheel on EVERY Action

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Photoshop Elements 2019 on Mac OS Mojave and now every action in Photoshop Elements 2019 Editor has a several second delay with the spinning color wheel. I see lots of similar complains on this forum. Has anyone received any help from Adobe to investigate or fix this problem? Anyone have any solutions?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hi jameslarus,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

It seems you are facing issue with spinning wheel in Adobe Photoshop Elements after upgrading Mac OS.

Could you please try the following steps :

• Click Apple icon >> System Preferences

• Security and privacy >> Click on the lock to unlock it then enter the administrator password >> Enable (check the radio button) the Photoshop Elements 2019 editor and Elements Organizer 2019 that appear in the list.

• Click on the lock again to lock it.

• Restart Mac

H

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I was having this problem with Photoshop Elements 15 after I upgraded my Mac to Mojave 10.14. Adobe said the solution was to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2019, which I did, but still have the same problem. Every action in the PSE 2019 Editor results in several seconds of the spinning pinwheel and renders the product unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that works. There apparently is a bug in Mojave that causes applications that have either crashed or been forced to quit and have sent a crash report to Apple to exhibit this behavior. The fix is to delete the crash files from ~/Library:

cd ~/Library

cd "Application Support"

rm CrashReporter/*PhotoShop*

cd ..

rm Logs/*PhotoShop*

(There may be other files involved, but those are the ones I remember.)

This also works for other apps that exhibit the same problem, in my case, Microsoft Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip jameslarus. With the help of my son we tried your fix, but it didn't resolve the problem for me. What finally worked for me is we used Adobe's Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall and clear out everything on my Mac related to Adobe Photoshop products. Besides uninstalling Photoshop Elements 2019 and my previous Photoshop Elements 15, we also removed remnants of Lightroom CC I had installed for a short time before deciding to switch to Photoshop Elements instead, and remnants of a trial version of Photoshop CC 2017. We then reinstalled Photoshop Elements 2019. The Editor is now working well and I have not experienced any spinning pinwheel cursors since we did the total Adobe purge and reinstall. Apparently something from one of those earlier Adobe products still on my machine was causing a conflict that resulted in the spinning cursor in the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new machine and still have the problem after uninstall and reinstall.Arrrgh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed all crash reports, so so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you remove the crash reports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jameslarus,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

It seems you are facing issue with spinning wheel in Adobe Photoshop Elements after upgrading Mac OS.

Could you please try the following steps :

• Click Apple icon >> System Preferences

• Security and privacy >> Click on the lock to unlock it then enter the administrator password >> Enable (check the radio button) the Photoshop Elements 2019 editor and Elements Organizer 2019 that appear in the list.

• Click on the lock again to lock it.

• Restart Mac

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the "Correct Answer"

First, it is not complete. On Mojave, these directions are not complete: This dialog has a number of options.

I assume you mean the "Privacy" tab, as it is the one that list apps.

Second, on this table, there a number of different roles.

I tried adding PSE and PSE Editor to "Full Disk Acess" and "Automation". Neither corrected the problem.

I don't believe that this is a solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This time, I was able to fix the hang by deleting the files in

~/Library/Logs/Adobe/HeadlightsCC/SessionInfo/*.sif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help. I have the same problem. Had it with PSE 18 and bought the 19 upgrade and still have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A huge THANK YOU!!! I did exactly what you said and it fixed the issue. I am thrilled!!!!  I use PSE at home for my job and it is critical that it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I spoke too soon. The solution worked for a few hours and now it is back to the spinning beach ball. Mojave will be the last Mac os update I download. EDIT: So I logged out of PSE (force quit) and back in and it is running smoothly again. When I did the force quit it created a ticket for Apple. I explained the issue. I sure hope they fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with PSE18 after updating to Mojave 10.4. I have tried numerous hints and tips from this forum but nothing works. I have not upgraded to PSE19 and I am glad not to have done. It seems that Adobe software is very sensitive to Apple updates.

I have fixed the problem by backing out of Mojave back to High Sierra (took about 6 hours to reset and restore using time machine).

I won't be doing any more OS or PSE updates as Apple and Adobe clearly can't seem to work together without causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem, spinning wheel constantly.  Brand new iMac, brand new install of Elements 2019, very very small catalog. I tried the steps above (i.e. adding Photoshop Editor, Premiere, and Organizer to Accessibility (are there others?), but it doesn't help.  Any other recommendations? Is a fix coming?  Otherwise, I want my money back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a process that is working for me (first suggested by Gandus on November 1):

1. Select a photo in the Organizer you want to edit.
  2. Open that photo in the Editor.
  3. Before beginning to edit your photo, close (Quit) the Organizer.
  4. Conduct all of your editing steps in the Editor, then save your modified photo.
  5. Close (Quit) the Editor.
  6. Reopen the Organizer and find the photo you just completed editing and saved. Add that photo to an album if you are organizing photos in albums.
  7. Choose the next photo in the Organizer you want to edit, and repeat.

It's a clumsy and time-consuming work around, but it has allowed me to be able to edit photos with PSE 2019 on my Mojave-equipped iMac without the spinning pinwheel on every action in the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mccamb:  That did the trick, no more spinning wheels, so I don't waste hours trying to edit a folder, just the time to open and close Organizer.

Argggh!:  I've seen the same problem with cloning tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone else says, this is not a correct answer as the information does not correspond to the menu items in the Privacy section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it helped for a couple of days. Now its back to the spinning wheel every time I click on anything in PSE19 Editor and Organizer. It is taking me 20+ minutes to accomplish something that should take seconds.  I have closed out the Organizer when working in Editor and that helped for a very short time. PLEASE help. I have an iMac and upgraded from PSE15 to 19 because I had read in another forum that Mojave wasn't compatible with anything but 19. Obviously that's not true. There has to be something that will work to get rid of this frustrating issue. I loved my mac until this happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue here. Not sure if we should be chucking the Mac or Photoshop, but either one of those options seems unreasonably burdensome and expensive for us. They need to fix this - Adobe is selling the product, and saying it's compatible with Mac, then they need to make it compatible with Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this didn’t work for you. Did you

do a restart?

If you are in uk have a number to ring

I was told you have telephone support for

first year

Update to fix is promised in 1-2 months

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know the Mac machine you are using (iMac/ Macbook Pro etc). Are you also facing similar issue with other apps installed in your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an imac with OS Mojave / PSE15 that has this bug, on my other imac with OS High Sierra / PSE15 the spinning wheel is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to go into security and approve Elements to get rid of juggling balls on every move. Other things were wacky, so uninstalled all Adobe stuff, downloaded and reinstalled. Things are now a lot better. Still have some random spinning rainbow delays, but not nearly as bad as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. PSE 15 and Mojave.  Spinning wheel and unworkable app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines