• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface 4 Pen not working correctly with Adobe Elements 15 after recent windows 10 update

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated my windows 10 surface pro 4 and afterwards the pen will not draw on the application. The pen is working correctly however as I was able to use it in other applications fine, like paint, and word etc. Not sure how to correct?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Here is the resolution put out by Microsoft. It was an issue on their end, not adobe's

Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEMPORARY FIX

To use the pen as intended you can hold the side button, the one like a little grey tab, while drawing, and then release to pan. A little annoying but get the job done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How has this problem not get addressed yet?? im going nuts here! ADOBE FIX THIS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! I was following another feed and I can confirm for myself this problem was fixed!

Link to other forum: Surface Pro pen panning instead of drawing.

Carlos also mentioned it in an earlier post.

Windows Insider update 1803 fixes the problem, my Surface Pro updated over the weekend and everything is back to normal now, my pen is working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, not the case on my end though, i have the update and the issue remains

*But i will look more into it, will update if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment I fixed the problem uninstalling the last Windows update, waiting for the next one.

Windows Update -> View installed update history -> Uninstall updates:

2018-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093112)

Now my pen works again on Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 (I have a Surface Pro 4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen reported several places that the new version of Windows 10 has some major bugs, including security. It was due out this week but has been delayed several weeks. Waiting patiently. NOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue. I have since found a workaround that Microsoft suggested.

It is on this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093112/windows-10-update-kb4093112

You can resolve this issue using the following steps:

1. From Start, search for cmd
  2. Right-click Command Prompt in the search results, and choose Run as administrator
  3. At the command prompt, type or copy/paste:
    reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
  4. Press Enter

After the command executes, the issue with panning and scrolling should be resolved.

Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.

It worked for me, so hopefully it works for everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks! I almost had a panic attack!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To letmebedavis

WOW! Thank You very much! It really helped. The Pen started to work in Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm ready to throw this Surface Pro 2 out the window and I loved this thing before this damn Photoshop pen problem!   Looks like I'll have to pull out the iPad pro to get any painting done.  What a pain in the @ss.  Thanks adobe and microsoft,  Maybe I'll cancel that $50 / month for Adobe and ditch the PC altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the resolution put out by Microsoft. It was an issue on their end, not adobe's

Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue today with the update. I was not able to roll back the windows update as it wouldn't let me.
I contacted adobe yesterday and windows too and they said they were working on a work around.
Today they called me and emailed me this fix.
Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

it worked. after I did the fix and restarted the computer.

it was so annoying not being able to zoom in on the drawing

good luck to everyone apparently this is not just an adobe issue the tech guy was saying it was effecting a bunch of other products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe and Microsoft for addressing

On Surface Studio and Book 2 this worked for me ....see link:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the microsoft patch seemed promising but it didn't solve the issue for me on Adobe Elements 14. .

I applied the patch, rebooted, and restarted the program. Now, pointing tools like a brush don't cause the image to pan but don't work unless, as before, I double touch the styles to the tablet or I press the button on the side of the stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,

I had the same problem like many others of you and was very annoyed.
BUT in the forum of microsoft I found the information which finally solved my problem!!!

May be you try this too! Good luck!

Look here:

Surface Pen swap bug (In Photoshop!) - Microsoft Community

(Page 7 of 9)

That's the input:

"

try this - we will use a registry entry to see if we can return to prior

behavior

REG FILE - copy the text between the dotted lines into notepad and save it as

fixpen.reg and then double click/tap and confirm you want to enter into the

registry

------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen]

"LegacyPenInteractionModel"=dword:00000001

------------------------------

restart your Surface. any change?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem -- and no solution yet. So I, too, would be EXTREMELY happy to get a working explanation on what to do. About four months ago (I think after some Windows update?) the following behavior was shown in Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017:

- The left-lick was previously using the rubber; now it does nothing.

- the sensitivity decreased SIGNIFICANTLY. I cannot draw a "2" anymore unless it's huge. I can't fill out forms anymore since theire 5mm radius is too small now for the extremely bad pen sensitivity

- in Paint the pen still works perfectly: I can draw a "2" arbitrarily small

My Windows is **always** up-to date, so that can not be the cause.

If I need to deinstall something, I'd really like to know what and where. Is it some device from the device manager? If so, which one? Is it "Surface Pen Pairing"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines