• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows computer died and replaced it with MacBook Air M1

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows computer died and replaced it with MacBook Air M1.  Will Elements 11 work on the MacBook Air M1?  If not, can I get Elements 2022 at the upgrade price?  Also, what kind of proof do I need to show that Elements 11 was on the dead Windows computer?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hummingbird Lover,

• Will Elements 11 work on the MacBook Air M1? NO!
  • If not, can I get Elements 2022 at the upgrade price? YES!
  • Also, what kind of proof do I need to show that Elements 11 was on the dead Windows computer? Your registration of PSE 11 with Adobe.

You can install PSE 2022 as a 30-day trial to see if it works for you.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what kind of proof do I need to show that Elements 11 was on the dead Windows computer?

To install an upgrade version of 2022, you enter your Elements 2022 serial number and you'll be asked to enter your Elements 11 serial number to verify that you're eligible for the upgrade.

Once you've entered the Elements 11 serial number, your Elements 2022 upgrade will be installed and activated.

Shop around. You may find that a new full version of Elements 2022 from Amazon or another reputable retailer is cheaper than an upgrade from Adobe. That means you only need to keep track of one serial number instead of two when reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU ALL for replying!

I am still in the process of recovering data and so far I haven't come across the serial number for the 

Elements 11.  I was using Carbonite as a backup but had problems with them.  Was only able to recover a very small portion of my data from them.  However, yesterday I did come across a file that had PSE 11 and 560 MB in it.  Within that file there "zipped" folders, files for "data", something called "ols_config.xml", "ElementsOrganizer", "ElementsST1Installer", "deploy", "packages", "payloads", "resources", and ect.........  And if I remember correctly there was another zipped file that had over 1 GB.  

I am not good at computers!  So, this is where I stand. LOL  I definitely have a love/hate thing for computers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it that you're hoping to achieve with your data recovery?

None of it is usable on your new Mac. All you need is your Elements 11 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do need the actual number, and it isn't recoverable from Elements backup files. You can check your Adobe account, to see if you registered it, or your own records. The saving is not that large though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, Elements products are not officially compatible with M1 Mac.
Installer has been improved, but only the Intel model should be officially supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines