• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update Photoshop Elements 20 with Camera Raw 12.4 ?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open Raw files from my new Fuji with Photoshop Elements 20. The camera raw version included is 12.0 and no update info appeared so far. Camera Raw info says that for my camera at least version 12.1 is needed. But how to update PSE 20 with a newer version that 12.0? Who can help?

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at that other recent discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/camera-raw-12-2-and-photoshop-elements-don-t-work-...

And particularly at the link suggested by Greg:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

PSE2020 won't get new updates as a new version is expected soon.

So, the recommended solution is normally to download the free Adobe DNGconverter. That standalone program, not a plugin, will batch convert a whole folder of your raw files to the DNG raw format that your current PSE version can read and edit. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

The workaround quoted above did also work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the installation tech doc for the full Photoshop. It does not work with Elements without the added instructions in the link by Greg, which are specifically for Elements. This workaround was used in the past; it did install ok, but created big issues with ulterior automatic updates in Elements. I suppose that if Adobe publishes the workaround withour recommending it, that means that they are reasonably sure you won't get similar glitches afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines