Highlighted

Printing multiple photos on A4

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
Thank you for your quick response.
I did write yesterday as king this question but since trying what you suggested I am unable to get it to work.
I eventually opened a new page in organiser, made the adjutsments as you indicated, Image,resize,canvas size being 8 x 11.5 inches.Dragged a photo in there but it filled the page, resized the photo to 4 x6. Then I was unable to move it into the correct location so I could fit another photo on the  paper.A4 so when back into the canvas size again and ticked the top left corner of the 9 square box and it dropped in there but it's stuck there and cannot be moved around.Brought in a 2nd photo , tried to resize and that won't budge at all, in the middle of the A4 paper.
As I am new to this programme, finding it difficult to navigate and do what I want. Obviously I am missing something and the dots are just not connecting.
So today 29th Sep thought I would start fresh for the day and hopefully have better luck.
Finally put about 24 photos in the photo bin, managed to crop them, resize them mainly to 4 x 6 inches as wanting to send some photos overseas. Decided to do a photo collage but as the system could recognise more than 8 pictures,( out of my 24 )  ( presumably this the max on a collage) it chose the first 8 onto 1 page.
Thing is, I wanted 2 on a page, 4 x 6 inches and I didn't know how to do that so I started deleting the photos until there were 2, but a time consuming excercise.The programme did not let you chooseo in the beginning  how many photos you wanted on a page or how many pages you wanted to do. Then I couldn't find them to print. Looked down onto the task bar and there was organiser and my photos waiting to be printed on A4 just 2 at a time. Great I thought, but some of them should have been portrait and some landscape. Was unable to delete them from the A4 so I chose to print page 10 which was in the correct orientation. It started to print all of the pages, wouldn't allow me to print just that page no. 10.
I realise this is a good software programme but it is hard trying to find out exactly how to accomplish tasks.
So, could you please guide me in the following tasks I would like to complete.

1. How to put multiple photos of different sizes on A4 . I know youhave answered this question already but if you could advise step by step or the actual video to show me, it would be appreciated.

2. When doing a collage, how can I best arrange the photos so I can select various collages at the same(e,g 2,5 7 photos)  at a time using different orientations from the photos I have in the photo bin, rather than selecting say 5 photos and preparing that page , save ,print and then select the next batch to d, which is quite time consuming.

3. I tried to make a greeting card, that was good but could only get the front of the card, how do you get to the inside of the card to write your greeting. I looked on the videos for that too and it doesn't say anything about the inside or back of the card, please assist.
I am not a novice when it comes to photo editing as I have used Adobe Photo Elements a long time ago, used Canon Photorecord which I loved and Zoombrower, but this is quite involved and I would really like to find my way around it quickly and easily for the tasks I want to do, then after my trial period I can decide if this is the one for me, which I think it is.
Also, is there a cloning tool in there and aslo a tool to delete parts of a photo you don;t want to print out?
Thank you for your time and assistance in answering my many queries.

Kind regards
Margaret

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing multiple photos on A4

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there
Thank you for your quick response.
I did write yesterday as king this question but since trying what you suggested I am unable to get it to work.
I eventually opened a new page in organiser, made the adjutsments as you indicated, Image,resize,canvas size being 8 x 11.5 inches.Dragged a photo in there but it filled the page, resized the photo to 4 x6. Then I was unable to move it into the correct location so I could fit another photo on the  paper.A4 so when back into the canvas size again and ticked the top left corner of the 9 square box and it dropped in there but it's stuck there and cannot be moved around.Brought in a 2nd photo , tried to resize and that won't budge at all, in the middle of the A4 paper.
As I am new to this programme, finding it difficult to navigate and do what I want. Obviously I am missing something and the dots are just not connecting.
So today 29th Sep thought I would start fresh for the day and hopefully have better luck.
Finally put about 24 photos in the photo bin, managed to crop them, resize them mainly to 4 x 6 inches as wanting to send some photos overseas. Decided to do a photo collage but as the system could recognise more than 8 pictures,( out of my 24 )  ( presumably this the max on a collage) it chose the first 8 onto 1 page.
Thing is, I wanted 2 on a page, 4 x 6 inches and I didn't know how to do that so I started deleting the photos until there were 2, but a time consuming excercise.The programme did not let you chooseo in the beginning  how many photos you wanted on a page or how many pages you wanted to do. Then I couldn't find them to print. Looked down onto the task bar and there was organiser and my photos waiting to be printed on A4 just 2 at a time. Great I thought, but some of them should have been portrait and some landscape. Was unable to delete them from the A4 so I chose to print page 10 which was in the correct orientation. It started to print all of the pages, wouldn't allow me to print just that page no. 10.
I realise this is a good software programme but it is hard trying to find out exactly how to accomplish tasks.
So, could you please guide me in the following tasks I would like to complete.

1. How to put multiple photos of different sizes on A4 . I know youhave answered this question already but if you could advise step by step or the actual video to show me, it would be appreciated.

2. When doing a collage, how can I best arrange the photos so I can select various collages at the same(e,g 2,5 7 photos)  at a time using different orientations from the photos I have in the photo bin, rather than selecting say 5 photos and preparing that page , save ,print and then select the next batch to d, which is quite time consuming.

3. I tried to make a greeting card, that was good but could only get the front of the card, how do you get to the inside of the card to write your greeting. I looked on the videos for that too and it doesn't say anything about the inside or back of the card, please assist.
I am not a novice when it comes to photo editing as I have used Adobe Photo Elements a long time ago, used Canon Photorecord which I loved and Zoombrower, but this is quite involved and I would really like to find my way around it quickly and easily for the tasks I want to do, then after my trial period I can decide if this is the one for me, which I think it is.
Also, is there a cloning tool in there and aslo a tool to delete parts of a photo you don;t want to print out?
Thank you for your time and assistance in answering my many queries.

Kind regards
Margaret

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my previous post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop-Elements/Print-different-size-photos-on-A4/td-p/10637438

I was careful to point out to do this in Editor, Expert tab. The automated collage which you have utilized has proven to be troublesome for several users, esp. with mix of portrait and landscape oriented files.  Do it manually. 

Do the math. Calculate how many pictures you can place on the paper stock  Crop the pictures prior to placement. If you wish to use just an object on a picture, use one of the selection tools, e.g. lasso tool, selection  brush, to select it and copy/paste to the canvas. 

It is cruicial that you have the layers palette open, and click on the layer that you wish to work on.

It is also desirable to have the resolution of the pictures and the canvas the same value. I suggested 240px/in. The rule of thumb is 240-300px/in range.

We look forward to your progress. Feel free to repost.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I eventually opened a new page in organiser, made the adjutsments as you indicated, Image,resize,canvas size being 8 x 11.5 inches.Dragged a photo in there but it filled the page, resized the photo to 4 x6. Then I was unable to move it into the correct location so I could fit another photo on the paper.A4 so when back into the canvas size again and ticked the top left corner of the 9 square box and it dropped in there but it's stuck there and cannot be moved around.Brought in a 2nd photo , tried to resize and that won't budge at all, in the middle of the A4 paper."

There are several ways to do what you want, and my solution is different from that from Hatstead.

To answer your above question, to be able to resize, move or rotate the file dragged from the photobin, be sure to have the 'move' tool selected in your tools vertical palette on the left (shortcut V).

This shows you the border of the dragged file (which by default is maximized in the canvas) and the 4 corner and 4 side handles of the box. You can resize, move etc. at will. If you can deal with one dragged image you can deal with many more. And you can resize and move at will any time later without losing quality.

This process has the big advantage that you don't need to bother about the resolution of the dragged files (ppi) relative to the canvas. With today's file sizes from your camera, nearly all dragged items are already bigger than the canvas, and when you drag them, they will be optimally downsized to fit their place in the canvas. If the original dragged file is smaller that the canvas at the same resolution, it will not appear as maximized when dragged. You can resize bigger, but you'll know you'll lose some quality.

As explained before, you can resize without any loss: the final resolution of the dragged file will always be calculated from that of the canvas and the full size of the original dragged file. That's the big advantage of smart layers. You can work on a smart layer a dozen time in your editing session: there will be no cumulative quality loss. If you save your project as a psd, those smart layers will embbed the original dragged files. Your 'project' is saved and you can continue your editing days later once again without quality loss.

The penalty for those layered pdfs with smart layers is the big final size.

So, generally, you end up with 'simplifying' the smart layers for two reasons: saving file size and allowing the full range of edits for layers.

Just try to the Move tool and ask if you need more details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2019 0