Highlighted

Fixed: Photoshop creating a debug.log file when you open a PSD File

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop to the latest version, 21.2.2.289, and I noticed that everytime I open a PSD file. Photoshop creates a debug.log file in the same folder as the PSD file. How do I turn this off?

https://i.ibb.co/KmB3CGF/Untitled.png

[Moderator note: PS-55193]

Good news! Tonight's 21.2.4 update should fix the issue with new debug.log file creation. 
Look for the Photoshop update in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud desktop. For help, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Let us know if the update fixes it for you as well!

Regards,

Pete

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fixed: Photoshop creating a debug.log file when you open a PSD File

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop to the latest version, 21.2.2.289, and I noticed that everytime I open a PSD file. Photoshop creates a debug.log file in the same folder as the PSD file. How do I turn this off?

https://i.ibb.co/KmB3CGF/Untitled.png

[Moderator note: PS-55193]

Good news! Tonight's 21.2.4 update should fix the issue with new debug.log file creation. 
Look for the Photoshop update in the Updates section of the Creative Cloud desktop. For help, see Update Creative Cloud apps

Let us know if the update fixes it for you as well!

Regards,

Pete

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 30
101 Replies 101
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not seeing the issue here with version 21.2.2, did you open the log file to see what information it contains

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did open it, it opened in Notepad and it was just empty. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file is created every time I open psd, jpg, etc. through windows explorer, but only if the program has not been launched before. If you start Photoshop first and then double-click the file, or if you use the "edit original" function on the linked file in Illustrator or InDesign, the debug.log is not generated.

Every time 3 lines are added to it:

[0817/194909.990:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(57,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(65,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same exact thing here, same values and all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have 21.2.2 and experiencing this, getting a debug file in the same folder where the image is saved. Below is the the content of the log file but I am not sure if it's the same one all the time.

[0821/112231.376:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)
[0821/113833.475:ERROR:media_internals.cc(112)] Cannot get RenderProcessHost

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est la même chose pour moi 😞 Same for me

Debug Bloc note

[0910/173706.514:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. From the last update every file I open Photoshop create an empty debug.txt file in the same directory of the image opened and this file cannot be deleted until Photoshop is closed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 4
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here >>
[0820/073837.435:warning:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(57,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(65,8-42): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 3
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with a little bit longer error message >>

[0820/074917.085:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(65,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

[0820/075313.837:INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Long rAF frame-time", source: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%202020/Required/www-rich-tooltips/build/external.js (1)
[0820/075313.974:WARNING:angle_platform_impl.cc(52)] compileToBinary(230):
C:\fakepath(69,8-58): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
C:\fakepath(77,8-28): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: Open a file by double-click creates a "debug.log" file in that directory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0