Highlighted

How can I enlarge tool icons in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to increase the size of the menu names and tool icons so I can see them. The standard download size is much too small for my eyes. Can this be done?

ps. I work on a 17" laptop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I enlarge tool icons in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to increase the size of the menu names and tool icons so I can see them. The standard download size is much too small for my eyes. Can this be done?

ps. I work on a 17" laptop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 1
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5.  The interface is set to large but the tools are only 1/4" high!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend to use large or medium font size from preferences->general

Capture.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 2
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work, they are still about 1/4 inch high and impossible to see.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Photoshop Preferences/Interface you can set the UI scale to Automatic/ 100%/200%. Try one of those and check. Second option: when you've Photoshop CC use the search function instead of the icons, just press Ctrl/Cmd + F and type down the tool you need, it will be activated.UI.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 1
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS 5 and the tools are sooo teeny tiny I can't read them!

Is there hope for this version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system does your computer have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS 5 and I changed the UI interface to high, but it didn't do much at all.  I would think Adobe would help to keep us using and enjoying their product, because the inability to SEE IT makes us consider the other options!  After all, we ARE VISUAL PEOPLE!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2020 0
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 is ten years old. It had no support for UI scaling, because high resolution screens that required it, did not exist at that time.

UI scaling support was added as those screens started to hit the market. Photoshop has supported it ever since. But you are ten years behind.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2020 1
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  you are on a Mac, you can turn on your Accessibility Zoom settings and zoom in to a level that's comfortable for you. Look under your System Preferences for Accessability, and turn on Zoom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 27, 2020 0