Highlighted

How can I make the tools icons and menus bigger? They are ant sized!!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new laptop(Lenovo ideapad Y700) and it has a killer high res screen. When I installed the latest CC, all the icons and menus are SUPER SMALL! Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign... I did change the magnification of the OS to 250% but that did nothing to fix things in the program. HELP! I can't work like this...my eyes already hurt!! Sigh.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by D Fosse | Adobe Community Professional

UI_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I make the tools icons and menus bigger? They are ant sized!!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got a new laptop(Lenovo ideapad Y700) and it has a killer high res screen. When I installed the latest CC, all the icons and menus are SUPER SMALL! Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign... I did change the magnification of the OS to 250% but that did nothing to fix things in the program. HELP! I can't work like this...my eyes already hurt!! Sigh.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by D Fosse | Adobe Community Professional

UI_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 11, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shadownin,

I purchased a monitor with amazing resolution and the issue was that the resolution was just too high. Try lowering the resolution to test out how the icons look and see if that works for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, however that messes with everything else. If I do that my OS dialog boxes are HUGE! Isn't there a way to change the icon size within the program?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 0
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI_1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 4
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That totally fixed it in Photoshop! Thank you SO MUCH! Can't find that in Illustrator though...is it in a different place?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 1
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is true ShadowNIN, I was thinking it was making all of your icons smaller, not just the Adobe ones. I realize that my issue was different because all of the icons on my computer were really small and were giving me a headache.

Preferences is definitely a better way to go.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 2
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShadowNIN  wrote

That totally fixed it in Photoshop! Thank you SO MUCH! Can't find that in Illustrator though...is it in a different place?

For illustrator, see below:

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 5
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you DFosse and Dave for posting!! It has been driving me bonkers for I don't know how long!! You have saved my eyes and my head from the headaches it was giving me! So happy I came across your answers! Blessings the both of you are! Thank you so much!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2017 1
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My UI Scaling option is grayed out. Any help would be appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Davescm, this had no effect at all for me. I closed and reopened Illustrator-- everything is still tiny.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2018 0
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the application you have an issue with? You mention Illustrator but this is the Photoshop forum. Also the apps have moved on since 2017 so please give details of the application  version and your operating system.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I saw your answer and I have the CS6 version with the small icons, and do not have the options to change the interface scaling, do you know where I can find it on mine?  Thanks, same thing..eyes are hurting.  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat late, but here is the answer, @justgettingmyfeetwet :

https://danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

- I remember using it myself. Seems it is for older versions only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, you can change aplication menu scaling directly from windows monitor properties,above resolution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0