• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Longer Able to Paste In Hex Color Codes?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that if I created a color somewhere else, say Illustrator, I could copy the hex color code right into the pop-up color window in PS.  Now, a "color picker" pop-up doesn't offer the option to paste in a hex color code.  I used this feature daily so now I need to know how I can create colors in the new PS CC 2017 - preferably by using Hex codes.

Bummed,

Toni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Hi

Your screenshot shows you are in 32 bit colour mode. The picker works differently in that mode where values are 32 bit floating numbers and the 8 bit hex code entry is not available.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm puzzled - I can do exactly what you describe here. This is Illustrator and Photoshop CC2017 on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

In Illustrator highlight hex code and Ctrl+C to copy

In Photoshop - highlight hexcode then Ctrl+V to paste

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue where I don't see my Hex codes.

Maybe it's because we are on Apple and you are not? davescm Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 3.21.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Your screenshot shows you are in 32 bit colour mode. The picker works differently in that mode where values are 32 bit floating numbers and the 8 bit hex code entry is not available.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is likely my problem too because my picker looks just like mrbradshaw's. I did not change this - it automatically did this with the last update. Would you mind explaining what I need to do to change it back please?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I figured it out!  Thanks so much davescm​!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

please show me via screenshot how to change the colour mode to show up hex color picker again?

The last update of photoshop suddently changed the view, I didn't changed anything and now I do not have the hex color picker.

Where is the option to activate it again, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you actually want 32-bit 16-bit or 8-bit colour, or do you just not care? Either way look under Image > Mode, but realise there are major implications to changing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use menu Image >Image Mode and change from 32 bits per channel to 16 bits (or 8 bits)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines