Highlighted

No touchpad gestures on Windows 10 devices (with precision touchpad)

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gestures on the touchpad are currently not supported in nearly all Adobe CC Apps, Photoshop being one of them.

On Windows 10, there is no way to scroll diagonally on a touchpad, nor can you use a "pinch to zoom (in/out)" gesture. Scrolling is limited to horizontal and vertical dimensions, but only one dimension at a time.

I'm using a Surface Book 2. With its touchscreen, I am able to use these gestures. On the touchpad however, this isn't possible.

My workflow is heavily slowed down by this. I've been using a Macbook before and all gestures were supported - why isn't that the case on Windows?

Microsoft provides precision touchpad drivers for many devices. These drivers create a great touchpad experience on any device using them. It's the way forward for Windows10 laptops. Many programms use this, so there is no excuse why Adobe couldn't.

I would love being able to use these gestures. They would speed up everyone's workflow significantly and create an ease of use I come to expect from all of the Adobe CC Apps.

In Adobe XD, these gestures are available, although they are aren't smooth and a bit unresponsive. I'd suggest to fix those ones too.

Illustrator and InDesign aren't supported as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No touchpad gestures on Windows 10 devices (with precision touchpad)

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gestures on the touchpad are currently not supported in nearly all Adobe CC Apps, Photoshop being one of them.

On Windows 10, there is no way to scroll diagonally on a touchpad, nor can you use a "pinch to zoom (in/out)" gesture. Scrolling is limited to horizontal and vertical dimensions, but only one dimension at a time.

I'm using a Surface Book 2. With its touchscreen, I am able to use these gestures. On the touchpad however, this isn't possible.

My workflow is heavily slowed down by this. I've been using a Macbook before and all gestures were supported - why isn't that the case on Windows?

Microsoft provides precision touchpad drivers for many devices. These drivers create a great touchpad experience on any device using them. It's the way forward for Windows10 laptops. Many programms use this, so there is no excuse why Adobe couldn't.

I would love being able to use these gestures. They would speed up everyone's workflow significantly and create an ease of use I come to expect from all of the Adobe CC Apps.

In Adobe XD, these gestures are available, although they are aren't smooth and a bit unresponsive. I'd suggest to fix those ones too.

Illustrator and InDesign aren't supported as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2019 4
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on a Dell XPS 15 9570. Photoshop and Illustrator are totally unusable with the touchpad. The precision touchpad is a Microsoft standard, so why don't you support it? For such a big company like adobe it shouldn't be a problem.. In the meantime I will switch to Affinity Photo and Designer. They are working great with the precision touchpad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 3
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, and Windows user is much more than Mac user!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess in the photoshop Preferences>Tools you have Enable Gestures checked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

It's enabled, the reason is Adobe PS, AI, etc. does not support gestures on the precision touchpad of Windows devices. But Adobe XD does.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2019 2
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course...;)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading Jeff_Arola's comment below I did figure out within the Preferences>tools page, enabling "zoom with scrollwheel" did allow pinch to zoom, but it also makes 2 finger swipes up and down zoom as well. fixed part of my problem, however a gesture scroll directional still isnt happening.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from Macbook to Surface Pro 6 with the Typecover, which has a precision touchpad, and oh boy, is this bad. I mean, the precision touchpad is really great itself, but the lack of support in Indesign and other Adobe apps is really off-putting.

On the Macbook I didn't even think about these touchpad features, because they appeared so natural and basic to me. But now using Windows 10 with Indesign, the scrolling is really bad (only horizontal or vertical at the same time, no diagonal) and the lack of pinch&zoom not suited for 2019.

Please Adobe, fix this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2019 5
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, that's just ridiculous.. How is it possible that still after all these years Adobe still didn't enable the gesture control on it's main and most used software for the windows user? I am new in the windows world before I was a mac user, and after having purchased my Dell XPS 15 to fast up my workload I was extremely disappointed finding that i couldn't use the trackpad in the way i was used to.
But what is worst is that in my ignorance i called the Adobe support, thinking that the problem was on the setting on my pc. They said that probably my pc had some driver obsolete and that was the problem.. honestly. Such a shame.

Kindly Adobe, please find a solution to this HUGE problem before forcing your user to pass to the competition because this situation doesn't make sense at all!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 3
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this doesn't make the CC 2020 release I'm going to be heavily disappointed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "feature" (more like basic functionality) is still absent from the new CC 2020!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 2