• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen tool segmenting not connecting in path layer

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since updating to PS 22.3 my pen tool is acting weird. 

I am trying to create a path and the anchor points won't connect while using the pen tool. 
screen shot attached, showing achor points, with no segments connected. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Hi

This bug in 22.3 has been reported to Adobe. Please add your comments here for Adobe staff:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-should/6048a2bf7824794abde8b9c7?commentId=604ca8a58fa1200c5c5e35b5&replyId=604cabfd3facef17f7f30068

There is a workaround listed there to keep a work path open, or you can revert to 22.2 in the Creative Cloud app until the 22.3 bugs are fixed.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Hi @CheMaBev 

I'll copy my reply from earlier in this thread since you missed it. Restarting will not help.

"This bug in 22.3 has been reported to Adobe. Please add your comments here for Adobe staff:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

"There is a workaround listed there to keep a work path open, or you can revert to 22.2 in the Creative Cloud app until the 22.3 bugs are fixed."

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This bug in 22.3 has been reported to Adobe. Please add your comments here for Adobe staff:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-2230-pen-tool-not-working-as-it-sho...

There is a workaround listed there to keep a work path open, or you can revert to 22.2 in the Creative Cloud app until the 22.3 bugs are fixed.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for the update @jane-e 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Michel5EE0 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. It exists in Macos Catalina and also in Windows. it is horrible...

with a downgrade to 22.2 it works...

with every update there are some new bugs, I hope this will get better, otherwise you have to look for an alternative program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. It works on the first path I create within a file. But when I try to create a 2nd, I can make as many points as I want, but none of them connect!!! Even when I restart PS. 

MACOS Big Sur

PS 22.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CheMaBev 

I'll copy my reply from earlier in this thread since you missed it. Restarting will not help.

"This bug in 22.3 has been reported to Adobe. Please add your comments here for Adobe staff:

"There is a workaround listed there to keep a work path open, or you can revert to 22.2 in the Creative Cloud app until the 22.3 bugs are fixed."

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @jane-e. Throwing my hat in with the rest 😉 

Reverting to 22.2 now! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @CheMaBev . I'm also staying with 22.2 until these new issues are fixed.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if anyone has discovered this trick, but switching from "shape" and then back to "path" in the upper left drop down when pen tool is selected before making your first path point seems to work. Stupid still, but it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you posted that for the Photoshop developers here? I had not heard that one.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems.
The points are not connected to the rubber band
When a point is inserted at a bend, the shape does not stay round.
it is not possible to edit a vector mask.

it has been 1 month since the problems occurred, when will an update be provided?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Silvia5FAE wrote:

it has been 1 month since the problems occurred, when will an update be provided?

Adobe has not announced when they will release the next update.

~ Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines