Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2019 (20.0) crash d3dcompiler_47.dll on win7

Participant ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This morning, our Creative Cloud software have some updates (because CC 2019), and Photoshop CC now doesn't run.

It is on Win7 64 bits (version 6.1, number 7601, service pack 1).

I have this error on Photoshop launch :

"Can't start software because missing D3DCOMPILER_47.dll file. Try to reinstall to solve this issue" or something like that because my error message is in french.

photoshop2019-err001.png

Any idea to solve that?

Thanks for help.

My graphical card : AMD FirePro W2100 (FireGL V) Graphics Adapter

Ce message a été modifié par : CR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hmm I see you are on Windows 7. Still, maybe this patch will work anyway - Update for the d3dcompiler_47.dll component on Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running on Windows Server? What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I see you are on Windows 7. Still, maybe this patch will work anyway - Update for the d3dcompiler_47.dll component on Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, and Windows Server 20...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch, thanks testScreenName​!

I'm just install KB4019990 on my Windows 7 workstation computer, and then Photoshop CC 2019 20.0 now run.

Cheers for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This was helpful!

Link: kb4019990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is working for me now. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my second computer with Win 7. (The one with Win7 Pro had no problem but the Win 7 Home computer threw the error)

I copied the file to both folders:

C:\windows\system32

C:\windows\CysWOW64

and all was well

See if the file is maybe in one of the two directories, then copy it to the other. If not try to find it on the internet or email me and I'll send the file to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly all the Adobe software apps have the D3DCompliler_47.dll in their directories, including Photoshop.  My problem was with running Photoshop only as all the other Apps worked ok including Lightroom.  If I used the 'Edit in' option in Lightroom and selected Photoshop CC 2019, then Photoshop opened ok for some reason.

I simply copied the D3DCompliler_47.dll from the Photoshop folder and pasted it into the Windows/System32 folder and it now works ok.

Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue (only a problem with Photoshop CC 2019) and this fixed it! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice, it worked for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too on Windows 7.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I link you to these solutions HERE . Which I tried the second solution and it worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you get the file to copy if it's not on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hi @CAMILLE_S,

Sorry, maybe I don't understand your question, but according answers here, this DLL file can be obtained directly from MS :

Update for the d3dcompiler_47.dll component on Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, and Windows Server 20...

(see solution 1 from link gived by alireza852019

Photoshop can't start because D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found them and it works now. The forum is a great resource.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me also.  I'll try the link.  It's Windows 7, but Photoshop was working fine until this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Здравствуйте. Приобрёл "Фотошоп" и "Лайтрум". Установил. Программа "Фотошоп" не открывается, не работает. Постоянно выдаёт какую-то ошибку. Скриншот ошибки прикрепляю. Переустановил программу трижды, но всё безрезультатно. Помогите решить проблему.

Hello. Acquired "Photoshop" and "Lythrum". Established. The program "Photoshop" does not open, does not work. Always gives some error. I attach a screenshot of the error. I reinstalled the program three times, but to no avail. Help me solve the problem.2020-06-01_20-01-44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't translate the message in the screenshot, but I hope it will be help.

Please take a look here:

Photoshop не запускается — отсутствует файл D3DCOMPILER_47.dll

Photoshop CC 2019 (20.0) crash d3dcompiler_47.dll on win7

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines