• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 "export as" multiple layers/artboards wont load all previews

Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently migrated to new PC, first tryied with copied AppData folders for Adobe programs, then deleted them to get fresh ones but nothing helps. Whenever i select multiple layers or artboards and use "export as" option, some of them will load previews, some wont, after some time watching them "load" with spinning circles, they become yellow marks with "unknown error".

Tryied resetting preferences from within photoshop, tryied starting with ctrl+alt+shift to get fresh preferences, tryied turning off, restarting and turning on the gpu accelerration... Nothing helps.

Please advice what to do. Im on 21.1.2 version (up to date today)

update: Seems the problem is only with the previews in "export as" window. When i click export, all files seems to be exporting normaly.

update2: noticed even more issues. The "export as" window completly missmatches stuff like dimensions. Also while im using "export as" on multiple artboards, picking one in the window and changing png to "small size 8bit" works completly awkward, whenever its checked, it gives bigger size in the preview and if unchecked its small. Also while checked it changes format from i.e. 1080x1080 to 300x250 (propably due to some bug it takes these from different artboard to be exported...

missmatch.png

Thats a complete mess... I even went ahead, uninstalled entire creative cloud, removed all AppData "Adobe" folders and did a clean installation to eliminate some old conflicting appdata files. It still happens. I might also add that im on a 2 days old fresh windows 10 pro installation.

update3: reverting to 20.0.9 didnt change anything. Same issue persists.

update4: better representation of the missmatch problem that acompanies the preview loading probleem (note the layer names on the right side and on the "export as" window):

layers-preview-missmatch.png

edit: shortcut to reported Ryzen cases of other people with same issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/export-as-issue-photoshop/td-p/10936950?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/quot-export-as-quot-thumbnails-preview-problem/td-p/1097360...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/properly-support-for-amd-apu-ryzen-vega/td-p/10791355?page=...

https://community.amd.com/message/2973199?commentID=2973199#comment-2973199

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update 5:

Im after last desperate measure of finding out the reason. I have uninstalled all adobe stuff, removed all the "adobe" and "photoshop" remnants from drive (appdata, documents, program files and so on - all of them), did a clean install of CC and Photoshop. Same issue... I cant think of anything else i could do. Its either some recent windows update (that installed and updated on my brand new system and people are not yet reporting this issue on the internet) or hardware malfunction/compatibility. I have eliminated system firewalls from possible reasons cause tested it with both defender and antivirus disabled. Also on my 2nd PC there is no problem so it cant be router's firewall...

I have very same version of PS on 2nd PC and there is no problem.

Will try to investigate - perhaps its some issue with fonts? Thats the only thing remaining from things i copied from old PC. But somehow i find it hard to believe, that fonts would interact with "export as" when im exporting just plain images...

Might it be Ryzen 7 3800x? Geforce gtx970 latest drivers? Photoshop being on same partition as system? I didnt divided my M.2 drive for separate partitions. I dont know 😕

I somehow suspect the Adobe stuff that pops up on task manager and uses ethernet whenever i do "export as" to be the culprit. Might it be the fact that i just deactivated adobe license on my old, deactivated PC (that would be 3rd out of 2 allowed)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update6: It seems to be related to some form of caching. After i did the usuall selection of all layers and right lcicking to "export as" to test if whatever im trying now solves the issue, i have noticed that once i select just one layerr and click "export as" the "export as" window still shows all layers! So some sort of caching issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly I can provide no useful input on the issue itself, but I wonder if you may not want to post a report over on the official Photoshop Bug Reports and Feature Request site: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

There is no guarantee of feedback from Adobe personnel but it is possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done that now. I feel im doomed tho. Hate when something goes wrong and cant find the source - most problematic due to having completly new PC and system. SO many unknown, so little assured. To many "first times". New CPU family (Ryzen), new system installation, new configuration (having system and all applications on same partition), new gpu drivers, seems like completly new issue (didnt found many results via googling - only 1 similar few years old)... I feel like a child in the fog, walking around aimlessly. Tried so many damn things, and the issue just wont go away. Just got rid of the fauly RAM stick after first time building whole PC from the ground up (only reassuring thing was memtest results ont he 2nd stick with 0 errors after completed 45 minutes test). Im doomed. Game over man! Game over!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update7: Perhaps windows admin event viewer entry will be related somehow. I have noticed some "AppModel-Runtime" errors in the log, with "AdobeNotificationClient_1.0.1.22_x86__enpm4xejd91yc" in it.

Below is more about it - if anyone would have idea if it might be related with my problems i will appreciate that information. Its not happening often enough in the log, and not happening when im starting photoshop or "export as" window, so i doubt its related, but at least it MIGHT be some clue.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime" Guid="{f1ef270a-0d32-4352-ba52-dbab41e1d859}" />
    <EventID>69</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x2000000000000001</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-04-27T13:17:21.720573700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1594</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{15e7f7f5-1c95-000e-ac17-e815951cd601}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="3768" ThreadID="9232" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin</Channel>
    <Computer>************</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="ErrorCode">1168</Data>
    <Data Name="PackageFullName">AdobeNotificationClient_1.0.1.22_x86__enpm4xejd91yc</Data>
    <Data Name="User">S-1-5-21-3651207173-4244834095-2886833831-1001</Data>
    <Data Name="DesiredStatus">32</Data>
    <Data Name="CurrentStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

update8:

Also found out that even on brand new document with just one single layer, whenever i use "export as" the PNG 8 toggle is working opposite to how it should. The unchecked option gives me smaller KBs and the checked 8-bit gives me higher KB size...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to state that I'm having the same exact issue and opened a similar thread about a month ago. So it's not an individual case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 28.04.20:

Here is Generator log that covers opening Photoshop and trying to export several layers with "export as". It shows some warnings, that should be a clue:

Log file created on Tue Apr 28 2020 07:32:33 GMT+0200 (Åšrodkowoeuropejski czas letni)

[info:core 07:32:33.943 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:114:22] Launching with config:
{}
[info:core 07:32:33.943 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:116:26] provided PS information:
version 21.1
pathC:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020

[info:core 07:32:33.947 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:237:30] Detected Photoshop version: 21.1.0
[warning:app 07:32:33.954 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\app.js:217:29] No viable plugins were found in 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\Generator'
[info:core 07:32:33.955 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1926:26] Loading plugin: generator-assets (v2.9.13) from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\assets.generate
[warning:core 07:32:34.008 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:915:26] WARNING the imageChanged event is expensive, please consider NOT listening to it
[info:core 07:32:34.008 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1942:26] Plugin loaded: generator-assets
[info:core 07:32:34.009 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1926:26] Loading plugin: crema (v3.2.12) from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate
[info:core 07:32:34.116 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:1942:26] Plugin loaded: crema
[warning:core 07:32:34.161 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:915:26] WARNING the imageChanged event is expensive, please consider NOT listening to it
[warning:crema 07:32:34.163 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\node_modules\shared\LogUtils\index.js:61:21] user settings file could not be created
[warning:generator-assets 07:32:34.544 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\assets.generate\lib\documentmanager.js:336:26] No Open Document
[warning:crema 07:32:34.934 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\node_modules\generator-assets\lib\documentmanager.js:336:26] No Open Document
[warning:core 07:32:35.245 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:133:30] Photoshop error { id: 15,
body: 'Error 1302: No such element\rLine: 8\r-> var desc = app.getCustomOptions(params.key);' }
[warning:core 07:32:35.246 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\generator.js:378:26] Error in JSX file with params ./jsx/getCustomOptions.jsx { key: 'crema' } Error 1302: No such element
Line: 8
-> var desc = app.getCustomOptions(params.key);
[info:crema 07:33:24.330 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\main.js:349:17] Accepted websocket connection with ID 0
[info:crema 07:33:24.336 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\main.js:307:17] initial message recieved
[info:crema 07:33:24.340 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\main.js:165:21] received command: docinfo
[info:crema 07:33:25.391 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\main.js:165:21] received command: generatePreview
[info:crema 07:33:25.395 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\main.js:165:21] received command: generatePreview
[info:crema 07:33:25.395 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\main.js:165:21] received command: generatePreview
[info:crema 07:33:25.396 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Plug-ins\Generator\crema.generate\main.js:165:21] received command: generatePreview
[info:core 07:33:25.862 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\convert.js:231:20] Using Flite for image encoding
[info:core 07:33:25.871 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\convert.js:231:20] Using Flite for image encoding
[info:core 07:33:25.880 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\convert.js:231:20] Using Flite for image encoding
[info:core 07:33:25.887 C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Required\Generator-builtin\lib\convert.js:231:20] Using Flite for image encoding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another update for today: Just did completly clean windows installation to get rid of possibility that my faulty RAM during previous windows installation could corrupt system files somehow (i have diagnosed it after installation of windows). This Windows installation however was done with just tested, valid hardware and on completly cleaned, formatted drive.

I have installed CC and Photoshop right after all the drivers and nothing else. Same issue. That said the only potential reason i see at this moment is Ryzen conflicts with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My cpu is Ryzen Threadripper 3960x, experiencing exactly the same issues. 

It happens if more than 2 artboards are selected. Very frustrating. But it seems that if you ignore it and press "export" anyway, than it will save everything fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. Ryzen 3700x. No bug fix yet for the current most popular line of processors. Cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines