• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2020 unable to save

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed, uninstalled and re-installed PS CC 2020 - I am unable to save anything. "save" and "save as" do nothing. No dialog box, just a screen blip and then nothing. Am I missing something? I had to reinstall CC 2019

because of this. any help?? thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have 21.0.2 and the same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is how it looksthis is how it looks

Haveing the same issues! macOs catalina...and its latest version Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, not even the last update salved the issue. I still have problems saving the projects, they stop at 99%. And then the file turns into a corrupted one and I have to restart my Mac in order to have PS working again. I cant work like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also been having the same problem for nearly 2 weeks now on Mac OS Catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and solved it on Mac Catalina:

Photoshop Preferences -> General -> File Handlings -> remove the tick next to Save In Background 

That's it! Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  VERY frustrating.  I'm glad to hear it's not just a Windows 10 thing.  I'm so used to EVERYTHING wrong with my computer a Windows issue.  That being said, Adobe....???  What's the solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

I had the same issue and solved it on Mac:

Photoshop Preferences -> General -> File Handlings -> remove the tick next to Save In Background 

That's it! Hope it helps.

Coline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but after doing that I'm still having the same problem. I can't see how one could "save as" in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone been in contact with Adobe concerning this? My Photoshop CC 2020 is currently useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest updates for Photoshop CC 2020 & am still having the same issues with "save" & "save as", they do not work. Also the startup/welcome screen that used to show recent images I have worked on has disappeared. My OS is MS Windows 10. It is up to date. I contacted Adobe Support & they took control of my PC, made various changes & installer a 2019 version of PS CC & it worked, until I got a notifcation that an up date for PSCC was available, so I installed it & the save issue & welcome screen issue returned. I would like to know if this is a known issue to Adobe. 

Does anyone from Adobe ever comment here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off background save under Preferences> General> File Handling ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and it didn't help. I have tried all previous suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i just tried turning off background save & it did not help. I have discovered that "Save" works, but if I make any changes to the image & seelct "save" it saves the changed image & I loose the original image.  It does not ask if I want to overwrtie the earlier image. "Save as" does not work at all, which would be the normal way to change an image's file name & save the original image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get around this by going to file > export  and either option opens a save as dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to get around the issue with PS 2020 on Mac OS Catalina.  I still had 2019 installed, so I started that version, cut and paste my image I was working on and then could save it as a PSD.  I then shut down both 2019 and 2020 and opened the PSD in 2020.    Since doing the above, I can now Save As in PS 2020. This issue is a bug in the software, not the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a work around. I am able to export and change the name and location if desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't save anything in Photoshop 2020 in Catalina. I get a frozen dialog screen as attached. I can export but then it's not a native Photoshop file with layers. This is insane. The screen I get is misaligned and falls off the bottom and you can't scroll to read the rest. frozen save screen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOUND -- 

This is wacky but it worked. If you see the screenshot above, the dialog box for me is weirdly misaligned and I couldn't read the bottom (it wouldn't scroll further). I looked the dialog box up online and saw that it has a tick box to stop asking to save in the cloud and show the dialog every time (which still doesn't display properly on my desktop). So I changed my display view to teeny tiny to allow me to expand the dialog box and then the options showed up and I was able to deselect the cloud and save to my desktop. 

So I still can't use the dialog options for cloud vs. desktop but I can save a layered Photoshop file again. Any questions, please ask. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get this dialogue box to come up? Sorry maybe a stupid question but I am not familar with this screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue, but on a Mac Catalina 10.15.2. 

UPDATE: It just started working again. I'm not sure what I clicked on that made it magically start working. 

Good luck everyone else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was solved. All options are available. I posted the solution yesterday, which was to shrink my display size so the weird cloud / desktop screen that doesn't display properly for me and was not scrollable could be read and then tick off the cloud option permanently. Now I can save normally anywhere in any folder (except not in the cloud, which I don't care about). Not sure if your issue is the same or not? I'm on Catalina 10.15.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, This is not the same as my Issue. 
After two attempts to allow Adobe Tech resolve issue by giving them control of my computer, the status is:Both techs fixed the issue (which was "save" & "save as" did not work) by deleting my current version (21.0.2) of PSCC 2020 & installing an older version. I was told to not install any version until there is a version newer that 21.0.2Now I have a "new" problem. Everything I try to do in Photoshop is very slow. Any change is delayed. This is true for PC actions & for plugin actions like NIK.  I have been a long time subscriber to PS & have windows 10. I keep everything up to date & have not made any changes to either system or my computer that would cause these issues. It appears to be an Adobe issue & I am disappointed that there does not appear to be any response to these issues. All I would like to know is that they acknowledge having these issues & are working to correct them. Currently PS is useless to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you may have an option on that they now include which automatically saves to the folder you previously saved to. If you look in preferences, you can select or deselect that. Sounds like that's your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not my issue. My issue is the "Save" & " Save as" options do not work. They do not save anything anywhere. If they did, I would find the saved image in the folder where I found the "original" image before modifying/developing it. 
Gary Hodson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines