• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS2 Download - Locked CS2 is a dead program

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, been told by support to post here. 

I purchased a version of Photoshop CS2 about 18 months/2 years ago. All above board but it was the only version I could afford. I had to download online due to the servers going down etc..

I have had to format my PC and now cannot download. Spoke to support who have told me I cant download, to purchase the new version 'is better option', while this would be lovely, it is no way possible at this time.

After a little back and forth they have told me to post on here and someone from the team will advise on how to download. 

Any help would be greatly appericated. I understand it is an old programme but it worked perfectly for my needs and dont see why I should have to pay again. 

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

CS2 was not for sale 2 years ago.  Someones else and you would have needed to transfer their CS2 licence to you through Adobe.  You were probably scammed two years ago.  Licences for CS2 were sold by Adobe in 2005, 2006 and 2007. CS3 was then sold in mid 2007. At the time Adobe stopped selling and supporting CS2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 was not for sale 2 years ago.  Someones else and you would have needed to transfer their CS2 licence to you through Adobe.  You were probably scammed two years ago.  Licences for CS2 were sold by Adobe in 2005, 2006 and 2007. CS3 was then sold in mid 2007. At the time Adobe stopped selling and supporting CS2. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if a new version of Adobe PhotoShop CS3 Windows xp7 can be installed on a Windows 7 home edition computer?  The message I get is we are unable to activate your CS3 photoshop, the computers for CS3 have been retired. go to www.adobe/go/activate. When I go there , there is no activate site.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only if you have a CS3 licences and have downloaded the new CS3 Installer that does not require Activation Adode made available in the past for their old CS3 customers.  You will also need the new serial number Adobe provided you with for the new installer.

For as you have found out the original installer you purchased requires activation which is not longer possible for Adobe has stopped all CS3 support and has retired the old activation servers. CS, CS2 and CS3 Activation is no longer possible.  If you did not take advantage of the download provided for old customers when the servers were being retired you out of luck. 

You should also get off of Windows 7 Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 7.  Security issues will not be addressed.  If you connect to the web with Windows 7 you are  gambling that that the crooks will miss your machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As JJMack writes, CS2 is no longer available. I suppose someone sold you the CS2 version which was made downloadable to anyone with a CS or CS2 license when Adobe turned off the CS2 license servers at the time.

Alternatives to PS CS2 are Photoshop Elements with the ElementsXXL plugin, Affinity Photo, PhotoLine, Paintshop Pro, or just plain old GIMP or Paint (which is free).

This is Black Friday weekend, so Affinity is doing a good deal: Photo for three tenners. HumbleBundle has a nice deal to get Paintshop Pro and Painter 2019 for less than two tenners.

Google these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ftp site posted by r-bin is a trial version (Tryout). As the other pointed out, now that the authentication server has stopped, even if it can be installed, it will become unusable when the trial period ends.

(While CS2 is present, it is a mystery that only CS6 has disappeared cleanly.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines