• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows taskbar don`t hide in the full screen mode!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, friends. After Windows anniversary update (1607) I see a problem with the Photoshop full screen mode. Windows taskbar always stay on the top, and never

disappears. Here, how it looks:

fullscreen-tr.jpg

No matter, what full screen mode is chosen, the windows taskbar is always on, after any click. It disappeared after first pressing "F", and then appeared after any click.

im2.jpg

Please, help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sweetdon,

If you have not done any major changes in the layout of Photoshop, then you can try reset the Photoshop setting back to default.

Refer: Preferences in Photoshop​

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohit! Thanks for your attention. Unfortunately, resetting the preferences of Photoshop made nothing. I can say more: i made clean install of Windows. After  that - 1st move i install photoshop, and see this bug. If I move the windows taskbar on the top, and then press :F: in PS - the fullscreen mode is on, but after any click the windows taskbar appears again....
The bug appears after windows anniversary update is on. The previous windows version works correct. I use Wacom Intuos 3

Updated: 5 min ago i tried to record video with this bug, but when screen recorder (Icecream Screen Recorder)is on the fullscreen mode start to work correct. And when the record stop - the bug returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've confirmed the change in behavior, which is the result of a change on the OS/Windows side -- i.e. in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. It does not happen with Windows 10 prior to that update, or on earlier supported Windows versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Just changed the OS version to previous, and it works correct... Hope, this bug will be removed in updates. Here is the answer form Microsoft tech:

Microsoft:

"t's not a bug, but an incorrect implementation of the public functions of Adobe developers. so that Microsoft will not correct anything. . Therefore, you will have to wait until Adobe will optimize their products to run on the new operating system"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe... update Photoshop to work with Microsoft's new build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergei,

Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Thank you,

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jesper. My version is: 2015.5 (17.0.0.88)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue and I receieved the exact same response from microsoft, word for word

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are able to reproduce and have started working with Microsoft on resolving this issue.

Thanks for the report.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Just made a fresh install today.
Windows 10 14393 (Anniversary)
Adobe PS 15.5 20160722.r.156 x64

And the problem stills there!
One curious stuff... Yesterday I was recording the screen for a tutorial the bar hide like in the god times. But if when I stop the screen recorder the bar comes up again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

but do we need an adobe update or a microsoft update to fix it?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the discussion, above, including Microsoft and Adobe responses, it is something PS is doing wrong with the new Win10, so you'll need an update to PS to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just downloaded trial version of Photoshop, and presume this is NOT an answered question. Pain in the ---- and big detraction from purchasing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last update of Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.5.1 20160722.r.156 2016/07/22:23:00:00 CL 1083377  x64 - Problem is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

I tried this and it worked for me.

1. Open Photoshop

2. Unmaximize PS window (Windows + down arrow)

3. Press F for the Full Screen mode.

Windows Taskbar should disappear now in full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately taskbar will appear after any new click on the tool, or on the explorer window. Any way, this could not be named "conveniently work".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that this is partially fixed now?

This is on a windows x64 bit version 1607 os build 14393.187

(one can check the version and build by using Run (window key+R and typing winver)

By partially, it seems photoshop cc thru cc 2015.5.1 work in photoshop proper and camera raw hiding the windows 10 task bar.

Photoshop cs6 works in photoshop proper but not in camera raw.

Older versions of photopshop before cs6 still don't auto hide the winndows 10 task bar in photoshop proper full screen or camera raw full screen.

Photoshop elements 14 camera raw 9.5 in Full Screen mode doesn't hide the win 10 task bar.

(older versions of photoshop elements and camera raw are the same as pse 14)

If adobe didn't partially fix it the new camera raw 9.7 updates, it must have been the windows 10 KB3189866 cumulative update that just came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening with me.  It's annoying, but it helps to know it is a bug, so I have stopped looking for which other window is looking for input, turned off Auto Hide Task Bar and resized Photoshop's main window. So appart from losing a tiny part of my big monitor, I can at least access those icons that were being hidden.  What is also nice, is that plug-in windows (Alien Skin, Topaz) comply to the new Photoshop size, so I can now see ​OK ​ and ​Apply​ buttons without having to drag the window onto another monitor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i discovered why it's working for me, even though there was a time it didn't work.

I have the windows taskbar at the top of the screen.

Also works with the taskbar on the left hand side of screen.

Doesn't hide the taskbar if on the bottom or right hand side of screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with CS6 on Win10 64bit. Not being able to work in fullscreen mode is really awkward for me. I would be grateful for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution but, for anyone using dual/triple monitors, don't forget you don't have to have the taskbar on the main screen.

I put the taskbar on the left, Photoshop in the middle and palettes on the right.

Like I said, not a solution for all, but may help some

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here!
I am workins this way...

Captura de tela 2016-09-26 12.39.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2016 Sep 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

same like me , but i restore an image prior to anniversary update

every adobe programs have issues , even the antivirus

can't work like that

sad that microsoft won't release a fix , because i have to update several programs , but the program updates are not avaible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Problem persists only if you use default "open documents in tabs" option in settings. If uncheck it (or use menu Arrange -> Float in window) task bar hides normally. But it not appropriate way, if you working with many images at once.... Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines