• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Premiere Elements 2021 allow for recording computer screen and audio?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to record my computer screen and choose which audio device to use.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Steve writes, there is none built in to Premiere Elements.  There are several other no cost choices.  I use one that is part of my Nvidia GPU software.  Windows has one built in.   Micorosoft has another at the Windows Store.  Techsmith has a no cost version of Snagit.   Screencast-o-Matic seems to be popular with teachers.  

Can you post more about what you are trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snagit is not freeware.

https://camstudio.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snagit is not freeware.

https://camstudio.org/

By @Ann Bens

Ann is right.  My error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to consider is that screen recordings made using a Variable Frame Rate do not edit well, so if possible select a program that has the option to record to a Constant Frame Rate file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to record AND edit your screen recordings, CyberLink PowerDirector comes with a built-in screen recorder and videos it records are editable in the program.

Though I live and die by Camtasia Studio. I've used it to make all of my tutorials for the past dozen or so years. It records and edits screen recordings and includes some cool tools like the ability to freeze a frame and to zoom in and out of your capture. If you're serious about recording tutorials or game demos, it's really the only choice, in my not so humble opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to consider is that screen recordings made using a Variable Frame Rate do not edit well, so if possible select a program that has the option to record to a Constant Frame Rate file

By @John T Smith

John,

That used to be very true.   A couple versions ago it changed.   I've 'tested' shared files from iPhones, my own files from a Samsung phone and videos from the Nvidia recorder built into my computer.   Premiere Elements 2021 functions normally and the audio stays in sync.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to know... the only time I've ever used cell phone video was about 3 years ago when I was putting together a wedding video for my brother and I had to include some cell phone video from someone else... which I had to convert to CFR to be able to use (this was before I had PrE 2021)

I may have to record some video with my Android cell phone (which I've never done) and check it to see if is VFR and then try that video in PrE to see how it plays and exports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines