• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I wish somehow that...

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2024 May 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could make a Media Encoder Elements.

an Encoder specialy made for the Elements Series.

Why should they do that?

Well, why am I unable to modify my project settings preferences as I want... need... to be?

I have to use handbrake to convert all my 60 FPS rush to 59.94 FPS. (One mistake in the convertion and it could ruin an other hour of your time...) I mean returning to my wishes... Media Encoder Elements would have all the properties of the video target prepared to convert. We would just need to tweak a bit there or here in the settings to perfectly match our work in art!

Right?! 

"""Again as I was making this post"""

(I got the confirmation, after converting a 60fps to 59.94fps): the timeline/SoftwareProcess do not support the idea to digest 60 FPS in a "cannot go above 59.94 FPS" project setting. Bam, issue solved! I should not even post this post. 

But the discussion continue. My wish continue:

I wish to have a personnal Media Encoder, properly made for Premiere Elements,

or Plan B, get around the code in Elements and make an update to be able to customize the project setting as we N.E.E.D.

Premiere Elements is a good leader to the competitors and I wish its best.

I'm not a worker in the video editing industry. But it's good to know that I can count on this software.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Feature request , Performance , Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though you may never get an answer you like, you deserve one!   Few, if any, that control development show up here.  Instead, it is primarily users trying to help other users.   

My view (and guess) is that Adobe targets the Elements products at simplicity.   The last two annual updates included "streamlining" for faster installation and reduced use of disc space.   Adding an Encoder would move towards Premiere Pro territory and, in my view, is not at all likely to be included in the Elements suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us who use Premiere Pro still have to use Handbrake or Shutter Encoder to convert VFR to CFR, as Adobe Media Encoder can't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the footage is variable framerate a build in converter would not be of any use.

Why not interpret footage from 60 fps to 59.94 instead of converting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My footage are not variable at recording. it is 60 fps constant, and I do make sure of it. The deal is Elements is Sky Limited to 59.94. And it is not workable, not at all, in the project. As in the video I need to end task the program to... well... convert it at the end. At least make the program recognize a more larger range of what we pain to post the issue about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried interprete footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried interprete footage?

By @Ann Bens

What is "interpret footage" mean?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bill Sprague 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiAxQBTYxOE

By @Peru Bob

I didn't know that was there, what it is for or why I would use it.  Thanks for the lesson!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original, it was designed to correct misinterpret framerate.

Nowadays, it's used for matching the sequence settings, slowing down footage, etc.

But worth a try to interpret 60 fps to 59,94: saving on converting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, Thanks again for your supports. I prefer myself saying it could help a real worker than an hobbyist like me... anyway. Hope it could help someone someday resolved if encounter the same issue... lets move on!

I did try Interpret Footage, same result, so I kept trying on converting.

I just did a new convert, which is keeping the same dimension as the original. It was 2560 by 1080. It worked! But it might not be the end of it. I mean by the beginning of the post the issue was already resolved...

"""(I got the confirmation, after converting a 60fps to 59.94fps): the timeline/SoftwareProcess do not support the idea to digest 60 FPS in a "cannot go above 59.94 FPS" project setting. Bam, issue solved! I should not even post this post. ""

But today with a new project, even the 59.94 was unworkable, at all, black screen and crashes.

I did even recorded my footage in 59.94FPS by chance to skip the converting!!! It was a wrong supposition of myself.

Keeping the original dimension of the video is now the solution.

Ann Bens, tell me, do Premiere Elements 2024 is in good mesure to support a 21:9 aspect ratio from a footage?

And why my constant recording of 59.94 frame rate was not even supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mediainfo.jpg

I had a lot of error encoding and crashes with Handbrake.

I decide to use Shutter Encoder.

The result on the left is the original recording and at the right is after Shutter Encoder.

60 framerate is now working into elements 2024.

Can someone check the picture above and tell me the reason why the original(left) is not readable in premiere elements?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to purchase the HEVC codec from Microsoft.  I think it's 99 cents.

See here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements-discussions/faq-what-should-i-do-if-premiere-elemen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines