Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 12 Video Editor Won't Open

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I purchased Premier Elements 12 a good 5-10 years ago, and I realize it's an old product, but am I still able to use it? I've downloaded and restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled, over and over, to no effect. The Organizer tab of the software,when clicked, opens the Organizer just fine. For some reason, though, when I click the Video Editor tab and select "New Project" there is a purple/black loading bar that runs for 30 seconds or so but the sofware will not open.

Please advise,

Jordan

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With NO supporting information there is NO way for someone to help

Mac or Windows and exact version of the operating system
CPU brand and model and clock speed
Amount of computer memory (RAM)
Video adapter brand and model and driver version and amount of video ram
Number and size and type of hard drives

IF WINDOWS

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 (and MAYBE Windows 11 ?)
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further John's post, are you installing it on the same computer and same operating system you installed it on when you first bought the program?

Is your operating system fully updated, and have you updated your graphics card by manually going to the nVidia, AMD or Intel web sites?

A lot has changed in the 10 years since version 12 was released. There's nothing about the program itself that will prevent it from running. But in this world of Windows 10/11 and 64-bit operating systems, it just might be worth buying a newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines