• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTX 2060 super not supported on my Premiere Elements 2021

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, got a new PC with 2060s. My Premiere Elements 2021 detects it's presence, but tells me, not supported.
But it should, acording to https://helpx.adobe.com/de/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html
Sorry about my english. German user.

PC (i7-10700KF),  Windows 20H2,  Nvidia Driver newest.

What's wrong? Can someone help me, please? Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

It works now, after Driver update to a not latest version.
Story:
Didn't work with installed driver after purchase.
Didn't work with latest Driver.
Now again on nvidia-site, I got an earyer driver, and it works.
Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user group, so I can't tell you what is wrong.  But, it might not matter that much.  My personal experience is that for typical short videos the output render time differences are not that significant.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia Driver newest.

By @Kennie0101

What driver number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driver Numer is 466.47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works now, after Driver update to a not latest version.
Story:
Didn't work with installed driver after purchase.
Didn't work with latest Driver.
Now again on nvidia-site, I got an earyer driver, and it works.
Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which driver number did you get that works?  And, did you get the "Studio Driver" or "Game Ready Driver"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit https://www.nvidia.de/Download/driverResults.aspx/175411/de
There you find "Studio Driver", don't use manual download.
VersNo 462.59 is mine now.
Downloading 462.59-desktop-win10-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql.exe
There choose "...driver and ...experience"
But then choose "Benutzdefiniert"(German), I guess thats "advanced" in english.

There the uppermost ist the Studio Driver 462.59.
I disselected "USBC", and (dont'remember exactly) left the rest selected.

Important notice: you have to select "intall new" (or somewhat), so that any other (older or newer) versions will be removed. Mine was newer.

Thanks to user "Ann Bens" who gave me that hint in another thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kennie.  I recently updated my Nvidia Studio Driver for my Lenevo laptop.  It is 462.31 so, apparantly slightly older than yours.  It does seem to work well with all the Adobe apps and other editors I've tried it with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kennie. I couldn't figure out why my allegedly supported card wasn't working. Downgrading from 471 driver to 462.59 resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only person who doesn't consider a downgraded graphics driver to be an acceptable solution?  I had to downgrade 7 versions to a Dec 2020 driver to get my rtx 2060 to be picked up,  and that was the oldest one in the nvidia site. 

Free tools like handbrake pick up my card fine,  what is wrong with Adobe. Also their specs sheet appears to be lies because they say they support graphics cards,  they don't,  they support specific drivers, this is not the same.  When my nvidia drivers update and they no longer support the version of premiere I'm on then the software is a good as useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, Eddy42!

Downgrading a driver is never an acceptable solution, and even though NVidia updates drivers and breaks compatibility pretty often, Adobe is the only developer I have encountered which systematically points to NVidia as the problem or recommends downgrading the GPU driver(as more than a temporary solution), instead of just fixing the problem and issue an update to Premiere Elements.

Luckily there was a solution that also worked for me with a NVidia RTX2060 Super card on Premiere Elements 2022:
Solved: Premier Elements 2022 Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Adobe Support Community - 12628986

I had to change the identifier for RTX2060 Super in the file C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\20.0\Online\Hw Acc Render\All_Lang\HW\Files\allowlisted_cards.txt from:

NVIDIA#GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER#

to:
NVIDIA#NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER#

After that, my RTX2060 Super card was identified ok with GPU acceleartion support in PRE2022.

I hope this also works for PRE2021 and maybe earlier without first having to clean install PRE or Windows first, and I have also notified Adobe support about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I just discovered that the problem is discussed even more specifically here with the solution:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements-discussions/premiere-elements-2022-does-not-support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good find OLegonD. Adding NVIDIA into the name in the allowlisted file enabled my RTX 2060 card as well (PRE 2021).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That's it! The entry in allowlisted_cards.txt works. Also thanks to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nvidia changed the way they write their drivers.

But Elements does not get updated with the correct allowlist.

Hence the manual adding or correcting the card to the allowlist.

Guessing you can add cards that are not on Adobe's list.

We used to do that in the old days with Premiere Pro CS6 (and I still do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines