• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere lags when switching tabs

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For added context this issue extends to both regular Premiere Pro and Premiere Pro Beta. I switched to Premiere Pro Beta out desperation, because nothing else I tried worked. I edit livestreams for a YouTuber, these streams are multiple hours long with multiple audio tracks. When editing shorter videos I don't have this issue, only when editing longer videos. Whenever I switch tabs I'm unable to play back the preview for like 10-15 seconds unless I have the preview already playing in the background while I do other things. Even overshooting the alt key and accidentally pressing the Windows key to open the start menu is enough to set me back and it is incredibly infuriating. For the past 6 months I just assumed it was a hardware issue and worked around it but a few weeks ago when I updated to Beta 24.5, my issue was fixed entirely. I could switch between windows freely and it would run perfectly without slowing down and timeline performance was way better. When I updated it to beta 24.6 this morning it went back to behaving like it used to and it's incredibly irritating and slows down my entire workflow to a screeching halt. I've tried updating my graphics drivers (using the latest NVIDIA Studio Drivers), I messed with the settings, reencoded the video in handbrake to make it a constant framerate, tried using a ProRes proxy, upgraded my ram to 48gb (which premiere doesnt even get close to using), the video files are loaded on an NVME SSD and I tried reverting to the previous version with no luck. If anyone knows what I can do to fix this please let me know.

specs

Windows 11 (latest build)

Intel i7-9700K

RTX 3060

48GB Ram

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Error , Performance , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Hi NCozy,

It sounds like you can reliably reproduce the lag, in a specific sequence w/media; is that correct? 

If so, we'd like to obtain a copy, with which to pursue the issue further. 

[DM'ing you with details]

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi NCozy,

It sounds like you can reliably reproduce the lag, in a specific sequence w/media; is that correct? 

If so, we'd like to obtain a copy, with which to pursue the issue further. 

[DM'ing you with details]

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources