• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Now in Beta: Mirror OS directory structure on import

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro will now replicate the folder structure exactly when importing folders. In previous versions of Premiere Pro, empty folders and folders containing only one file were not included as part of the import operation; the files would be imported, but not the folder itself. Now, in the latest beta build, 23.6.0 build 15 or later, all folders will now be included when importing assets using File>Import, Drag and Drop, and Media Browser. 

Replicate folders.png

In the example pictured.  The following folders would not get turned into bins, now they will.

• 03 Graphics      – Empty folder would previously get left out
  • 04 Music           – Folder with only 1 item would previously get left out
  • 05 Photos         – Folder with only 1 item would previously get left out
  • 06 Documents  – Empty folder would previously get left out

Now all these folders are turned into bins whether or not they contain 1 or fewer items.

Things to try:

• Please import various types of media contained within folders.
  • Import deep folder structures

Methods supported:

• File>import
  • drag and drop
  • Media Browser

In Import mode, this behavior is different. All folders are ignored and files are just imported in a flat list.  This is the next step for us, to replicate the folder structure with Import mode.  Stay tuned for more development on that.

We want to know what you think.  Please join the conversation below.  

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for finally adding this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bringing this feature back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yahoo!!! I have a project coming up end of the month - thank you for unbreaking the import of folders!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to the team, Francis ... so many of us have wanted this for so long!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Francis-Crossman,

Excellent! This worked as described for me. I only tested Media Browser and not drag and drop.

I forget the description when I got around to testing, so tried Import also. It imported just the folders (but only one of the two folder sets I selected) - I wondered if this might be a good feature - import only folder structure.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! This has been annoying me for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nice addition/bug fix - but it works exactly the same way as it's always worked with XDCAM, AVCHD and other camera formats. File > Import, drag-n-drop and importing a folder in the Media Browser still ignores the structure of those formats and imports all the subfolders and throws a lot fo error messages about files not being supported. So the only addition now is importing empty folders, like it should have done since version 1.0.

Now please make it work smoothly with those camera formats that use a complex folder structure with media and metadata files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, Jarle! Detailed but concise post there ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Queue Lizzo 'It's About Damn Time'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! Glad this is getting done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Can I exclude some folders from being imported, as Watchtower plugun does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several version ago - folder structure was maintained upon import. Please, please bring this back ASAP. Very glad to see this happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still don't understand why this has been removed... A nightmare for editors .... Thank you for bringing it back ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW thanks for the much-needed update.
I've tested empty folder structure and even Folder with Hebrew characters:
1. drag & drop - works great!

2. File > import - Works great

3. Media Browser - Works great
4. Import Mode - Dont care, none of my colleagues uses it - maybe amateurs that want to edit a random birthday clip - But they don't care about folder structures. 🙂
keeding aside thank you Dev-Team very much, this was much needed for too long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AWESOME! Thank you for adding this! Much appreachiated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic news! Thanks for listening to feedback and making this very helpful fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import folders via drag and drop or File > Import, it says "importing" but then nothing appears. If I import the files individually, however, they're all there, so it's definitely not a corruption issue. Anyone else having this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the logical way when importing folder structures. I didn't understand why this didn't work for some of the latest version. Was it a bug?

Thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please! This is my single biggest complaint about Premiere Pro currently. So glad to see this being added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so cool. but how about after effects? 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources